Medical problems and pushing it during a workout

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Beta117,
Look, if you want some input on "the mind is willing, but the body just did an LOM", PM me. I can tell you first hand what it's like to have a jacked body and the reprecussions of it. Ranger H8 Train knows, is RIP cadre (the first screen you will have to endure at Regiment) and was there when I did my swan dive in Mountains leading to a seperated rotator cuff and surgery (with four very nice titanium bolts in my shoulder and months of rehab). I have a friend in my current unit, an ex-11B like me (82nd) who went to Ranger School, passed out in Mountains and was discovered to have a heart murmur. The lack of sleep, rest, food and stressful leadership positions in austere conditions puts a trmendous amount of stress on your heart. Why do you think the EKG is part of the Ranger School physical?
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Bell

Post by Bell »

Beta117 wrote:I've been told no, I'm staying out of the military. I regret that I never had the opportunity to prove myself. Thank you Rangers.
Then do something else. And do it well. Law enforcement, fire fighters, EMT personnel, and the list goes on and on. Go do something. It doesn't have to be the military.

RLTW
Bell
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Beta117 wrote:I've been told no, I'm staying out of the military. I regret that I never had the opportunity to prove myself. Thank you Rangers.
Trust me, you can go on do other things that are great. Rangering is not the end all, be all, of the world. There many other things you can do. Use your brain, go to school, design cool kit that saves the lives of many soldiers. Right now, you may fell lower than whale shit. Fuck it! Like I said, just because you can't be a Ranger, doesn't mean you can't still do good things for the world.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Ranger Holmchicken is right, Beta. All you have to do is be a productive asset to your environment, wherever that turns out to be.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
ssgt.gonzalez
Egg

Re: Medical problems and pushing it during a workout

Post by ssgt.gonzalez »

Im 15 years old and have currently been in army jrotc for 2 years im assistant armed drill commander and have been in the pt team as well for both years I also have a almost non existant heart murmer I would like to know do you think that would keep me out of rangers ? :?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Medical problems and pushing it during a workout

Post by Steadfast »

ssgt.gonzalez wrote:Im 15 years old and have currently been in army jrotc for 2 years im assistant armed drill commander and have been in the pt team as well for both years I also have a almost non existant heart murmer I would like to know do you think that would keep me out of rangers ? :?
gonza, you must be 16 years old to participate on this site. Come back after you are 16 y.o. until then, you will need a name change also. Only military members can have rank as part of their name, jrotc doesn't count.

Do not post again. Send me a PM (Private Message) with approx date of your 16th BD.
& 4 names you prefer in the order you wish them and I will see what names available.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Medical Issues”