Possible waiver

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
JoeBlow
Egg

Possible waiver

Post by JoeBlow »

Hey all,

I'm hoping to be able to Rep 63 for the NG SF. Here it is:
I was 13 (Now 22) and cut my left wrist. I have 3 scars on my wrist that are faded. My mother and father were in the middle of a divorce and then my mother was diagnosed with cancer. The stress with the separation, cancer, and taking care of my younger sister weighed on me pretty heavily. I guess I just acted out in hopes of attention or whatnot. I honestly can't say why I did it but it's a stupid fucking mistake that I have to live with forever now. I'm not depressed and don't have a history of it. I've never attended counseling. (I talked to a Master Sergeant when I was inquiring about 35 series for the NG before. I know it's different for SF and Spec Ops in general though) Is this something that I can obtain a SpecWar waiver for? Thanks for the itme
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Possible waiver

Post by Disinfertention »

We don't really have a lot of folks involved in the recruitment process anymore to answer questions about waivers. General advice will probably work here... Don't lie. Not sure how obvious the scars are either. If you didn't require significant treatment or have anything in your medical records about it I really doubt it is an issue. But they will ask what scars you have (or they used to). I don't recall them asking me to explain any scars.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
JoeBlow
Egg

Re: Possible waiver

Post by JoeBlow »

Thanks for the response Ranger Disinfertention. I'm not going to sweat it and just keep on the path I am.

Return to “Medical Issues”