Keeping EMT

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
BarnOwl
Egg

Keeping EMT

Post by BarnOwl »

Is it possible to keep an EMT-B cert up to date in the Regiment without being a Medic?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Keeping EMT

Post by Jim »

BarnOwl wrote:Is it possible to keep an EMT-B cert up to date in the Regiment without being a Medic?
Why are you not attempting to enlist as a 68W Option 40? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
BarnOwl
Egg

Post by BarnOwl »

I feel like I'm missing a genuine passion for what Medics do. If I were to go that route, I think it would be more about "what can I get out of SOCM" instead of "how can I better take care of Rangers?"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

If you are missing that passion, why do you care about keeping your EMT current?

Please expand...

Also, you may wish to read or re-read the stickies and SOPs for this site - particularly regarding addressing other site members.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Young man, go back and re-read your introduction thread and review what you were instructed to do. You are not on Face Book anymore. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
BarnOwl
Egg

Post by BarnOwl »

Ranger X, Ranger Jim,
I want to keep current because I don't want it to go to waste. I want to be a firefighter later in my life and an EMT cert is a prerequisite for a growing number of departments in my state. If it's possible to keep current, awesome, if not, no big deal. It's just that I've read about Rangers having EMT-B certs with no mention of 68W or SOCM, so I was curious.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

BarnOwl wrote:Ranger X, Ranger Jim,
I want to keep current because I don't want it to go to waste. I want to be a firefighter later in my life and an EMT cert is a prerequisite for a growing number of departments in my state. If it's possible to keep current, awesome, if not, no big deal. It's just that I've read about Rangers having EMT-B certs with no mention of 68W or SOCM, so I was curious.
Obviously, you have not followed my instructions. Read more, post less! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

You need to check yourself, broham.. PM inbound
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

While I was there, (06-10), many 11B E-4's/E-5's would go to EMT-I. Nobody really messed around with EMT-B because every Ranger had to be RFR certified.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Keeping EMT

Post by IEDmagnet »

Vertical coitus... by the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
JPHawk

Post by JPHawk »

I got to go to the 3 week EMT-B crash course battalion offered back in February. Passed the test and got certified. I actually learned a lot in three weeks plus the additional week of tac-med run by the medics.

But like Goon said every Ranger is expected to perform RFR, which is why they're not sending anyone to EMT anymore. That and the vast majority of dudes aren't taking the course serious and failing the national registry test.

If you want to keep your cert. current it will be on your own time. But I'm pretty sure TA could pay for it.

-JP
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

JPHawk wrote:I got to go to the 3 week EMT-B crash course battalion offered back in February. Passed the test and got certified. I actually learned a lot in three weeks plus the additional week of tac-med run by the medics.

But like Goon said every Ranger is expected to perform RFR, which is why they're not sending anyone to EMT anymore. That and the vast majority of dudes aren't taking the course serious and failing the national registry test.

If you want to keep your cert. current it will be on your own time. But I'm pretty sure TA could pay for it.

-JP
So tab spec-4's and team leaders don't go to EMT-I anymore?
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
JPHawk

Post by JPHawk »

Our battalion PA told us we were the last group to be sent. Whether they go through with that is yet to be seen. They're also replacing EMT-I with Advanced EMT certifications nationally as far as I'm tracking.

Return to “Medical Issues”