Brain aneurysm

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
psteak
Egg

Brain aneurysm

Post by psteak »

Rangers,

I have a a-symptomatic cerebral fusiform brain aneurysm. I have known about this since I was 15 (now 22) and it has not grown nor shown any signs of weakness. I have read about the case of Staff Sgt. Pedro Brandao Lacerda (unfortunately he died of a brain aneurysm in 2010) , but I am not sure if anyone had prior knowledge of his aneurysm. Is it possible to be a ranger with a brain aneurysm or get a waiver that would allow me to join and serve? Or should I focus my research and efforts on another endeavor?
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Re: Brain aneurysm

Post by GoldCoast »

There are simply too many unknown quantities with your question. Speak to your doctor. People occasionally die while training in the 75th Ranger Regiment despite the fact that Rangers go out of the way to prevent it. It's not easy. If your head is already half-way to exploding you need to think long and hard before attempting something that may cost you your life.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
psteak
Egg

Re: Brain aneurysm

Post by psteak »

Thanks for the input guys. I did a lot more research and talked to a recruiter and was told that I can't even join the Army. So obviously being a Ranger is out of the question unfortunately.

Return to “Medical Issues”