Exertion Headaches

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
elutz22
Embryo

Exertion Headaches

Post by elutz22 »

Hey everyone,

Sometimes when I work out I get these exertion headaches. I'll be maxing out pushups and all of the sudden I'll get a strong pounding pain on the left side of my head. This is the second time it has happened. It lasted a few days before about 3 months ago. The doctor told me it was withdraw from the aspirin I was taking after my shoulder surgery (AC Separation). I was taking 3 a day to keep inflammation down so it would recover quicker and I could start working out again. After I felt better, I stopped taking aspirin (all at once) and started working out daily. He said that it was a mix of withdraw from the aspirin and going from being complacent to working out vigorously. Well, I thought that was the end of it, but just a few days ago I got signs that it was about to happen again. I was working out and felt it about to start. I stopped and took a day off. I still have a bit of a headache today, so I'm not sure if I should push it.

My policy on working out is to try and sweat every day, no matter what it is I'm doing. Maybe I'm just pushing myself and not giving myself enough downtime, or maybe it's just from being sick (I've had a cold the past few days). I just want to make sure this isn't anything permanent or something that has to do with working too hard, because I know I'll be pushing my body to the limit in my upcoming training.

Has anyone had any sort of experience like this?

Thanks,

Eric
‎"To every man, there comes in his lifetime, that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a chance to do a very special thing, unique to him and fitted to his talents; What a tragedy if that moment should find him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour." - Winston Churchill
elutz22
Embryo

Re: Exertion Headaches

Post by elutz22 »

My apologies, Rangers. I did not read the medical disclaimer before submitting my thread. Please remove this post, as it is not following the rules of the forums.

Thank you,

Eric
‎"To every man, there comes in his lifetime, that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a chance to do a very special thing, unique to him and fitted to his talents; What a tragedy if that moment should find him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour." - Winston Churchill

Return to “Medical Issues”