Brain Hemorrhage

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Brain Hemorrhage

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

slitherboy wrote:So I really need some advice Rangers. I honestly don't feel right lying...
You don't need advice, you know what is right.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
whocares175
Ranger

Re: Brain Hemorrhage

Post by whocares175 »

i'm not going to tell you to lie. you do what you feel you need/want to do. i'm going to tell you the outcomes of your decisions and probabily of things happening.
tell the truth-worst case-you get disqualified from service. this would basically be because the docs are too lazy to perform the correct tests to confirm you are indeed qualified/disqualified from service.
best case-you'll have to get medical clearance from your primary care dr and then the MEPS docs will perform a variety of tests and review your records to make sure you're cleared for service.

lie-worst case scenario-your lie is discovered after enlistment and you get charged with fraudulent enlistment and kicked out of the army. the probabilty of this is very unlikely. your med records dont get screened unless you give the military reason to screen them. the army is going to give you new records and lots of physicals. as for SF background checks, those are the same as for Ranger or anything else that requires a secret clearance. has everything to do with your morals (ie-are you the type to steal secrets and sell them) and nothing to do with medical.
best case scenario-you succesfully enlist, keep your mouth shut and no one is ever the wiser.

i'm not going to condone lying under any circumstances however, i'd be a hipprocrit if i told you i've never lied, cheated or stolen to get where i'm at....and so would everyone else. what you do is your call. what i gave you is the information to help make an educated decision.
10th mountain division 2/22 scout plt 2002-04
1/75th Ranger Regt 2004-2006
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
2011-present-10th Special Forces Group (A) Ft. Carson, CO

Return to “Medical Issues”