pain in the ass

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

pain in the ass

Post by NeverSayDie »

Rangers & Medics,

As part of my upper body workout I've been doing alot of military presses and as a result of this I developed a quater sized hemorrhoid from over exertion. Today while walking home from PT and sneezed. The um, "pucker pressure" from this cuased the hemorriod to pop like a large zit. I just finished cleaning up the blood which ran down to the back of the knee. The discomfort has lessened considerably.

I have a four day FTX starting in two days that will last untill monday morning. During the FTX our highest form of sanitation will be peroxide and babywipes. I have been waiting for this FTX for several months now and I really want to just drive on but I want to make sure I'm not just being stubborn.

How would you treat this out in the feild?
What is the risk of infection?
does it warrant medical attention? (no coverage)
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: pain in the ass

Post by Baseplate »

Go to the fucking doctor.
If you don't your boyfriend is going to dump you when they to have to sew your asshole shut
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Don't you have a campus clinic that is basicly free?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Well, first off you're not lifting properly. You only need to use those muscles that are doing the lifting. It doesn't help when lifting in a military press to tighten your abs or glutes or anything else....it only pulls oxygen enriched blood away from the muscles that need it. As to the hemorhoids, the only real concern is bleeding. You can actually bleed to death if you let it go unchecked, but if it stops within a reasonable amount of time, you should be good to go. As long as you use common sense in your hygene, you shouldn't have to worry about infection. SEE A DOCTOR as soon as you can to get it taken care of permanently.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Get a stapler or some super glue......
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Went to the doc,

No PT for two weeks and antibiotics. The FTX has been delayed on account of good weather. It'l be healed up by then.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

Return to “Medical Issues”