Lactose Intolerant?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Lactose Intolerant?

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

I have very light lactose. Whenever I have dairy products I just fart and nothing else usually but sometimes I have very light dierahha. Would I still be able to join the Rangers as an 11B?
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Lactose Intolerant?

Post by Earthpig »

Go to Ranger Joe's and buy a set of TTP's (Tactical Training Pants). You should be GTG.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Fish wrote:You cannot be serious.
Ranger Fish, I am serious lol. Can I still join?
Kaila
BANNED

Post by Kaila »

Inability to digest and absorb lactose leads to irritation of the lining of the intestines. This irritation in turn leads to a weakened digestive system that exposes you to future systemic disorders. In addition to an inability to absorb needed nutrients, a weakened digestive system is more susceptible to attack by parasites, yeast and pathogenic bacteria, which worsens the problems in your intestines and exposes you to chronic disease.
The inability to digest lactose may also be just the tip of the iceberg. Lactose intolerant people often have other problems that indicate the presence of a dairy allergy, not just lactose intolerance.

(Advertisement deleted - user banned -violated site SOP.).
Last edited by Kaila on January 10th, 2012, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ma'am, we do not need unknowns (yes, you) coming into this site to explain how the world operates, but it would be nice if you went over to one of our two introduction forums and tell us about your self & what brings you here.

Kaila wrote:Inability to digest and absorb lactose leads to irritation of the lining of the intestines. This irritation in turn leads to a weakened digestive system that exposes you to future systemic disorders. In addition to an inability to absorb needed nutrients, a weakened digestive system is more susceptible to attack by parasites, yeast and pathogenic bacteria, which worsens the problems in your intestines and exposes you to chronic disease.
The inability to digest lactose may also be just the tip of the iceberg. Lactose intolerant people often have other problems that indicate the presence of a dairy allergy, not just lactose intolerance.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

If you are already thinking of reasons why you can't be a Ranger then save everyone's time and try something else. There's no point setting yourself up for disappointment.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

hahaha, but what about the secret milk tolerance station in RASP? YOU'LL NEVER GET A GO THERE! hahaha
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Spambot is spamming.

But at least it necroposted in a hilarious thread. I can't believe I missed this first go around.

I wonder if cheese(intolerant)dick ever signed zee papers......
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
whocares175
Ranger

Post by whocares175 »

i've seen it all now.
10th mountain division 2/22 scout plt 2002-04
1/75th Ranger Regt 2004-2006
Ranger school class 8-05
2008-2011-Q course
2011-present-10th Special Forces Group (A) Ft. Carson, CO
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

When I was growing up no one was allergic to peanuts. No one was lactose intollerant. Every other kid wasn't diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, ashmatic, or autism.

Everyone is now a victim.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

rgrokelley wrote:When I was growing up no one was allergic to peanuts. No one was lactose intollerant. Every other kid wasn't diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, ashmatic, or autism.

When you were a kid they just called everyone with a problem like autism retarded and stuck them in a group home.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Baseplate wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:When I was growing up no one was allergic to peanuts. No one was lactose intollerant. Every other kid wasn't diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, ashmatic, or autism.

When you were a kid they just called everyone with a problem like autism retarded and stuck them in a group home.
As a teacher, I see quite a few "autistic" kids, who don't have anything really wrong with them, except maybe being a kid. Kids today who are designated EMD (retarded) are still stuck in a group. Not a home, but a special wing of the school.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “Medical Issues”