Dental Implants

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Dental Implants

Post by Baseplate »

FreedomXforAll wrote:Rangers,

After recently emailing a recruiter, I decided to make sure I fit all of the physical requirements needed to secure an Opt. 40 contract. Everything seemed good until I remembered one thing. My two front bottom teeth do not have permanent teeth, so I still have my "baby" teeth.
I read the sticky on future questions on physical requirements and went to section 5-3 as suggested, at which point it referred me to section 2-5 (Dental) It said all implants must be non complicated and from talking to my dentist that is what mine will be. I was wondering if an implant is needed, would I have to get it before I DEP, or would it be possible to just not get it until after I leave the service and not need a medical waiver?
Just wait, the army has dentists.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

My four front teeth on top are implants and I had them put in about three months before joining the Army (this would've been late 1996). I had a more complicated case for implants then most. Normally, it's not that big a deal. I woud check with your dentist first and see what he says about the implants, how long it takes for them to set, etc.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Why the hell would anyone want bigger teeth?

Oh wait, different implants.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Most Rangers don't even have teeth. :shock:

ROGER That!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Watch the NHL Channel. You'll learn more about dental implants than you ever wanted to know.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

axine123, good for your dad and grandfather. and what do your posts contribute to the conversation? you sound like a spammer, but I can't see any yet.

your next post needs to be an intro in the proper area. we like to know who we're talking to.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Medical Issues”