glasses during abn/rip

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
m6medic1
US Army

glasses during abn/rip

Post by m6medic1 »

Hello, I was wondering that when going through airborne and rip do you have to wear BCGs or can you wear normal glasses if they are compatible with regulation. Reason is when i got to abn I will have been in almost two years and I threw out my BCGs right after basic. Also, I have around 20/800 vision so not wearing them is not an option. Thanks in advance Rangers.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: glasses during abn/rip

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

m6medic1 wrote:Hello, I was wondering that when going through airborne and rip do you have to wear BCGs or can you wear normal glasses if they are compatible with regulation. Reason is when i got to abn I will have been in almost two years and I threw out my BCGs right after basic. Also, I have around 20/800 vision so not wearing them is not an option. Thanks in advance Rangers.
Seems like you can get some new BCG's made.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

You'll need the BCG's. Matter of fact, get the really good go fasters that strap around your head.

You'll look like a tool, but they are tough to break.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Bravo57 wrote:You'll need the BCG's. Matter of fact, get the really good go fasters that strap around your head.

yes .....yes you do....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Bravo57 wrote:You'll need the BCG's. Matter of fact, get the really good go fasters that strap around your head.

No one is grading you on your looks and besides, you won't cry when they get lost or broken.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I can't speak for RIP, and when I went to the BAC, they did not have the new GOFAST glasses. But, I'm blind as a bat in one eye, can't see shit out of the other.

I have eleventy six pairs of the black GOFAST glasses now. I don't go any where without them. Period.

They take a bit of getting used to, they can give you a bit of a headache if you have them crooked on your noggin... but, they fuckin' work. You can wear them under a diving mask too.

Oh, and yes... they are a true measure of your Jedi Pimp skills if you can bag one under 20 stone, wearing them.

Good luck stud!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

K.Ingraham wrote:

No one is grading you on your looks and besides, you won't cry when they get lost or broken.
I don't know how it is now a days, but you used to be able to easily get sweet lovin if you were wearing them. 8)
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Rangerguru wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:

I don't know how it is now a days, but you used to be able to easily get sweet lovin if you were wearing them. 8)
That's why I said "Under 20 Stone"... 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I actually contemplated getting a pair of those catch-me-fuck-me glasses with clear lenses to wear during night movements. Takes a little of the fear-of-getting-eyeball-hooked-out-by-thorny-vine factor out.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
RangerX wrote:I actually contemplated getting a pair of those catch-me-fuck-me glasses with clear lenses to wear during night movements. Takes a little of the fear-of-getting-eyeball-hooked-out-by-thorny-vine factor out.
The old clear Gargoyles worked well for that
I still have my original pair of Gargoyles... gonna have to dig them out of the storage box.

Oakley has taken their place now. But, damn... Gargoyles... almost had forgotten about them.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Rangerguru wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:

Rangers, I apologize for veering into your lane and ask for your forgiveness but found I could not help myself from posting that I have always found a man wearing those thick framed glasses to be quite sexy, that is all. I'll go bake some cookies now. Thanks, Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Throughout my 30 years of active service, I always wore glasses. Like most, I had several pairs at any one time. It never bothered me one way or another. Even had a couple pairs of BLIPS to wear over my normal lenses.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
RangerX wrote:I actually contemplated getting a pair of those catch-me-fuck-me glasses with clear lenses to wear during night movements. Takes a little of the fear-of-getting-eyeball-hooked-out-by-thorny-vine factor out.
The old clear Gargoyles worked well for that
I had a set of tinted ones. Broke them leaning against a HumVee my first day in Saudi for Desert Shield/Storm. I vowed never to pay more than $10 for sunglasses again.

The catch-me-fuck-mes had a nice strap to ensure that the birth control stayed in place though.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Jenny Lynn wrote:
Rangerguru wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote: No one is grading you on your looks and besides, you won't cry when they get lost or broken.

Rangers, I apologize for veering into your lane and ask for your forgiveness but found I could not help myself from posting that I have always found a man wearing those thick framed glasses to be quite sexy, that is all. I'll go bake some cookies now. Thanks, Jenny

Really????? :shock:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Medical Issues”