Ranger Recruiters at OSUT

Basic & AIT
Warrior94
Embryo

Ranger Recruiters at OSUT

Post by Warrior94 »

I have a couple questions for y'all. Excuse me if this has been covered before, I have searched throughout the site and still no luck.

I was wondering if there is always a Ranger Recruiter at OSUT? If so, is there any other ways to keep you from attending RASP?

Thanks,
Cole
Warrior94
Embryo

Re: Ranger Recruiters at OSUT

Post by Warrior94 »

Roger Ranger ManchuV,

It seems that I am a little misinformed on how the process works. When you were in Airborne School, if a soldier wanted to attend RASP and they did great on the PFT and met all other requirements was there anything else that could hold them back from RASP and eventually the 75th Ranger Regiment?
Warrior94
Embryo

Post by Warrior94 »

Ranger ManchuV, I Just noticed you were a fellow Texan!
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Warrior94 wrote:Roger Ranger ManchuV,

It seems that I am a little misinformed on how the process works. When you were in Airborne School, if a soldier wanted to attend RASP and they did great on the PFT and met all other requirements was there anything else that could hold them back from RASP and eventually the 75th Ranger Regiment?
There's something you're not telling us. What specifically are you worried about?

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Warrior94
Embryo

Post by Warrior94 »

Ranger rangertough,

I am confident in my abilities physically and mentally. I will take care of anything and everything I can that is in my control. I am worrying about the things that are out of my hands. I just want to know is there a Ranger Liaison at every Airborne School? And if there can be anything else that would hold me back?

I would like an Option 40, but I do not see it as completely necessary. As long as I know for sure I will just get a chance to go to RASP from Airborne School I would be fine.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Warrior94 wrote:Ranger rangertough,

I am confident in my abilities physically and mentally. I will take care of anything and everything I can that is in my control. I am worrying about the things that are out of my hands. I just want to know is there a Ranger Liaison at every Airborne School? And if there can be anything else that would hold me back?

I would like an Option 40, but I do not see it as completely necessary. As long as I know for sure I will just get a chance to go to RASP from Airborne School I would be fine.
Go back and read your introduction. Why did you not try to get an Option 40 when you met with your recruiter?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Warrior94
Embryo

Post by Warrior94 »

Ranger Jim,

I told him that would be the only way I enlist! He seemed confident he could get me one too. He was just not sure how long it would take, and that is what kind of bothers me. I know getting an Option 40 would be the path of least resistance for sure.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Warrior94 wrote:Ranger Jim,

I told him that would be the only way I enlist! He seemed confident he could get me one too. He was just not sure how long it would take, and that is what kind of bothers me. I know getting an Option 40 would be the path of least resistance for sure.
So, you have not taken your oath yet?

Have you taken your physical and the required written tests to ensure you are qualified?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Warrior94
Embryo

Post by Warrior94 »

Ranger Jim,

I have not, but he said by the looks of my Pre-ASVAB, my score on the real one should be fine. I am unsure about the rest, however I found a post on here that showed the pre-requisites for an Option 40 contract, and I seemed to meet them. I just need to get it done!
Cayo
Ranger

Post by Cayo »

Did you take the time to read the sticky note that I have at the very top of this forum?

It has plenty of information there, and probably answers the spirit of your question, even if it doesn't directly answer the specifics of it.

If you don't suck, and you put yourself in the right position, you will be able to make things happen. If you can't learn to make things happen for yourself, then Regiment might not be the best fit for you.

One of my buddies in RASP had a drill sgt that refused to let anyone sign a Ranger contract. The day of the turning blue ceremony, at the end of OSUT, he went to the Regimental recruiters, told them he had a 300 pt score and wanted his orders changed from ft. bliss TX to RASP.

Years down the road, he has graduated RASP, has his tab, deployed a few times, and now sold his soul to be a cadet at West Point. Point is, he was proactive and made things happen.
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

...AND?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
GlobalHub
Ranger

Post by GlobalHub »

There is a Regimental Recruiter who works right next to Airborne School in the "patches" building. One of his duties is to brief all interested Soldiers on Regiment and assist them in the application process.

Your Drill Instructors can say whatever they want, but once you're at Airborne School they will not be able to hold you back from attempting RASP.

Make sure and get with your Airborne School instructors and let them know what you want to do. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck.
RS 2-00
RRD 2001-2009
2/75 2009-2012
PracticeAllstar
Embryo

Post by PracticeAllstar »

This might be an outdated post but, I have done some digging due to the fact a medical waiver will not allow me to obtain and option 40 in my contract. I contacted the 75th Recruiting department and they said they hold a Regiment Brief in every OSUT with however many available spots are open. If you have a high GT score and I think a minimum of a 270 or 280 PT score you can get a slot.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

That's good information and a decent use of the search button / updating an old post. I would scold you for necro'ing a 5 year old topic but I think it was a good choice.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “About OSUT”