Quick Question

Basic & AIT
ThaBus32
Future Soldier / Opt40

Quick Question

Post by ThaBus32 »

Hello all Rangers and FS's

It is almost time for me to ship out to Fort Benning (early Jan) as a 11X option 40 recruit and I had one more question. I recently finish my masters and have been working on my PT religiously. Nevertheless, the plan right now was for my significant other to drive up my car then fly back home after OSUT graduation. I do not know if this is a good plan because after I pass RASP I would then need to drive my car to my first duty station. I just wanted to know your advice on this subject.....

Thanks in advance
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Quick Question

Post by IEDmagnet »

Just in general, I would wait till I arrived at my first duty station before worrying about collecting your car. IMHO, having a car is great, but it will lead to too many distractions and chances to get into trouble.

Saw too many people screw up in BAC over ridiculous stuff that originated with them being able to go find stupid shit to get into. Enjoy your time off, but work on your PT and general knowledge. It can only make you better down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Quick Question

Post by Jim »

IEDmagnet wrote:Just in general, I would wait till I arrived at my first duty station before worrying about collecting your car. IMHO, having a car is great, but it will lead to too many distractions and chances to get into trouble.

Saw too many people screw up in BAC over ridiculous stuff that originated with them being able to go find stupid shit to get into. Enjoy your time off, but work on your PT and general knowledge. It can only make you better down the line.
Agree! Good advice.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About OSUT”