SITREP - MindMelter

Basic & AIT
MindMelter
Future Soldier

SITREP - MindMelter

Post by MindMelter »

Rangers,

It's been a while since I've had time to check the forums and even longer since I've been able to post. I was hoping to update you all and possibly get some feedback, if you feel so inclined.

So, I went to OSUT without a RASP contract. I had a medical waiver, which prevented me from taking an Airborne physical at MEPS, so no Option 4 or 40.

I shipped to OSUT and immediately did my best to excel in all the areas I could. In week 7 I was offered a RASP slot, but I never saw anything come of it, though my SDS assured me I would get a slot. On the day the Ranger liaison visited my company I was at the hospital getting a bone scan (which turned out to be nothing more than my DS being paranoid). We were not told when the Ranger brief was going to be or even that we would have one. So I didn't get to fill out an application. Then in week 10, immediately after APFT 5, I was called forward and offered a RASP slot a second time (I had just scored a 298, not where I need to be but a personal best). A few weeks went by and I still heard nothing and had signed nothing. After making a point to check in with my DSs several times I was told it was too late in the cycle to get me a RASP slot, but they would keep trying. We're now in week 14. Two days ago my company attended a briefing held by our Battalion Commander and Command Sergeant Major. At the brief I mentioned that I hadn't gotten a RASP slot I was supposed to get, making sure not to lay any blame on my DSs or CO, etc. Today, a DS from another platoon walked up and handed me RASP paperwork to sign (I wasn't given time to actually). Apparently the Ranger liaison tracked my company and told one of our DSs to hand deliver it to me and bring it back signed.

I'm not sure exactly where this puts me, how long I should expect to wait. My CO told me not to get my hopes up. As of right now I report to HRAP for two weeks and then off to my duty station. Any observations, opinions or guidance is much appreciated.

Rangers, thank you for your time and your service.

MindMelter
goon175
Ranger

Re: SITREP - MindMelter

Post by goon175 »

If the Ranger liason recieved your paperwork back, you should be good to go. You could always look up his number, its on the 75th RR website, and call and verify that he recieved your paperwork as well.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
MindMelter
Future Soldier

Post by MindMelter »

Ranger goon175,

Thanks for the reassurance. My CO did end up coming through. Less than ten minutes before our Turning Blue, he walked down to tell me I had been awarded a RASP slot. I went to take my Airborne physical immediately after the ceremony and am now checked into holding. It was nice to see some results. Looking forward to starting the next step towards my goal.

Thanks again.

MindMelter
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

MindMelter wrote: Thanks for the reassurance. My CO did end up coming through. Less than ten minutes before our Turning Blue, he walked down to tell me I had been awarded a RASP slot. I went to take my Airborne physical immediately after the ceremony and am now checked into holding. It was nice to see some results. Looking forward to starting the next step towards my goal.
Good SITREP! Now earn this! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

SITREP - MindMelter

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Good Sitrep . . . .don't give up and stay focused on your goal. Remember we don't quit. Now complete your mission!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “About OSUT”