Shipping Out

Basic & AIT
peterk
US Army

Shipping Out

Post by peterk »

I would like to thank all the Rangers that put effort into making these forums such a great tool for preparation. I ship out tomorrow for Ft. Jackson as a 68W opt 4 with every intention to make it to the Ranger bat. This has been a great tool for the past 4 years when I first joined and I will never quit.
"I submit to you that if a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." Martin Luther King Jr.

RSTB
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Shipping Out

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Never never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
peterk
US Army

Post by peterk »

I am currently sitting on the bus shipping out to Ft. Sam Houston for the next 4 months. Basic was extremely easy and looking for a challenge. I am still motivated to make it into the Ranger Reg. and made a battle buddy who plans on joining me. His brother is currently serving in 2nd Bat which is a great resource for us as well. I am looking forward to future struggles. I ended basic with a PT score of 296, decent but less than what I was striving for. Thank you Rangers for the continued work put into this website.
"I submit to you that if a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." Martin Luther King Jr.

RSTB
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Shipping Out

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Good Sitrep, Keep focused on your goal and never quit.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
peterk
US Army

Post by peterk »

I graduate the 68W program this friday which I am extremely excited for. There have been some disappointing moments such as not getting my 300 on the PT test like I wanted but nevertheless I press on. I was fortunate enough to have a switch in command during the mid point of my training who was previously a 2nd Bat Ranger. There may some people here that know of Cpt. Crimmings. I am also happy to announce that I was able to gain a Ranger slot and I am extremely excited to pursue that goal of mine. One more week to graduation, then I head off to Ft. Benning for airborne on the 25th, and hopefully RASP shortly after. Once again thank you all that put in the effort to make this a great resource.

RSTB
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats on passing 68w peterk. Good sitrep.

You may select any avatar or one from tactical if you wish. Only take what you have thus far earned. We now consider you a Soldier.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Great SITREP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Shipping Out

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great sitrep, now continue your mission and fulfill your goal!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
peterk
US Army

Post by peterk »

Hello board members, strangers, and Rangers. I am glad to report that I am officially a 5 jump chump and will be graduating tomorrow. Need to get through out processing today staying out of trouble and I earn my wings. Airborne was easy enough, for those who are looking to go just always remember to keep feet and knees together and you will most likely walk off the DZ. Thank you to everyone who makes this forum a great tool for learning. I believe I get picked up for pre RASP after graduation but have also been told it can be Monday. Either way I am excited to get there and start what I have been wanting for the past couple years. Will report back after I complete my mission.

RSTB
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats Paratrooper.

Keep driving on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID