Obtaining a Ranger Contract at OSUT

Basic & AIT
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Re: Obtaining a Ranger Contract at OSUT

Post by PerryB »

My son is OSUT right now in week 11. He has a option 4 contract. His GT is 105 so he was not allowed a option 40. After he shipped in April I contacted the 75th Regiment Recruiting team and they assured me they can grant waivers for the GT score. They assured me they will get the volunteer paper work to him.
dtr8900
Embryo

Post by dtr8900 »

I greatly appreciate this topic and I have one question on the PT test score. . . I am currently 31 going to be 32 by the time I get to BCT this comming May. . . I was wondering what age group I am looking to get the 80% in? I read somewhere to use the 17-21 age, however, only the run in the age group is faster the push ups and sit ups for a 31 year old are a lot more . . . and after saying that. . . since I am going to be 32 in BCT would I use this as my point of reference or go with the 31 age bracket since it has a higher Push up and Sit up amount? I have the run time at 13:00mins for 2 miles . . . so I think that covers the 17-21 age groups requirement to get 100 points on the run. . . and I need about 9 more push ups to get to 77 which will max me on the pushups for a 31 year old . . . and more than cover me for 17-21 and the 32 age groups. . . it is just my abs I need to move them up from 53 to 66 to get into that 80%. . .which i would really like to get them to 100 points.. . with all of this said . . . please advise on which age group I would have to use to get considered. . . and if you have any suggestions on ab fitness. . . I am currently using the "Special Ops Fitness Training: High-Intensity Workouts of Navy Seals, Delta Force, Marine Force Recon and Army Rangers" by Mark De Lisle as a guide for abs and other exercises but if there is something else that I should do. . .I will certainly do so. . . Thanks so much again.
"What doesn't Kill you makes you stronger"
dk188
Embryo

Post by dk188 »

Great post. Thank you very much for the advice, this gives me hope. I just have a couple questions for anyone who would know. This post being two years old; Is this still the case during OSUT? If so do the Ranger Recruiters come to other OSUT sites such as Ft. Sill or do they only recruit from 11x OSUT/Airborne School at Ft. Benning?
Thanks again.
Living the dream, one nightmare at a time.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

dk188 wrote:Great post. Thank you very much for the advice, this gives me hope. I just have a couple questions for anyone who would know. This post being two years old; Is this still the case during OSUT? If so do the Ranger Recruiters come to other OSUT sites such as Ft. Sill or do they only recruit from 11x OSUT/Airborne School at Ft. Benning?
Thanks again.
The Ranger LNOs are locatred at (or visit) the TRADOC Centers of Excellence.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About OSUT”