Sitrep

Basic & AIT
drawpstar
US Army

Sitrep

Post by drawpstar »

Good evening Rangers, wanted to post an update on what has been going on during BCT. Graduated this morning from basic and I'm currently posting from my cell phone. I am leaving for Fort Lee tomorrow for AIT. Basic was pretty easy, but I was lucky to have good drill sergeants. I was promoted from E1 to E2 and scored a 274 on my pt test (21 years old). 57 on push-ups, 85 on sit-ups and I ran a 13:30 on my 2 mile. So far so good in remaining injury free. I need to improve my pt scores, and I hope to max them out early on in AIT. These next 11 weeks are going to be a good opportunity to continue my preparations for Airborne school and RASP. I am still amped about this opportunity and will continue to work hard to accomplish my goals.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Sitrep

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Good sitrep, continue to focus on your goal. Don't worry about the guys that you pass, let them drop out. Be single minded, focused, pay attention to detail, & NEVER QUIT.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
drawpstar
US Army

Re: Sitrep

Post by drawpstar »

Thank you Rangers for the continued encouragement and advice. I wanted to add more now that I've gotten settled in here. There are 4 other soldiers here in my platoon who have the option 40 contract, they're a good group of guys. There are a couple of them however that have expressed doubt in their reasons for trying and ability to make it through RASP. I'm trying to encourage them as much as I can and they seem to be turning around, though I'm not sure how long that will last. I'm going to try and follow your advice Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, however it is hard watching your buddies have low motivation. I am PTing just about every chance I get, though there are few opportunities, and I have a PT test Monday, so I will post the results of that when I can. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend Rangers.

Return to “About OSUT”