sitrep for cayo

Basic & AIT
Cayo
Ranger

sitrep for cayo

Post by Cayo »

Rangers,
Everything is going well here, tomorrow we go on our 36 hour pass since we just finished week 9.

I feel like I have been excelling in every manner so far and am looking forward to getting a RASP contract.

I am one of only 5 who have hit the elusive 300 pt score in our company.

I qualified 35/40 on BRM and 23/26 on ARM, have been squad leader 3 times and am currently the PG.

My senior drill pulled me in his office a while back to talk to me about getting a Ranger contract and told me "I have absolutely no doubt you could excel at a Ranger Battalion. You are the only guy in here I could say that about without hesitation." He also told me that I will be the nomination from our platoon for honor grad.

Honestly, the hardest part of basic so far has been the anxiety over whether I will actually get a RASP contract or not. I hate not having it in ink. I told my DS I was going to try and get in touch with the Liaison over my pass and he told me not to because "no E-7 is going to want to have to talk to a private over veterans day weekend and I guarantee you will get one anyway."

My only concern is I don't see how he can really guarantee that I will get one. Right now they aren't giving out any airborne contracts because airborne is overbooked after new years, and I don't know if it lessens the amount of Ranger contracts to be given out.

I know I am a 9 week basic private, but I feel like I have excelled with everything so far and I know I can make it and become a Ranger. I know I am a nobody but I also know I have the potential to make something of myself. I will get a contract and I will earn what is mine.

Best regards and happy veterans day weekend.

Alex
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: sitrep for cayo

Post by Ranger Bill »

Good SITREP. Pay no attention to rumors. Do your best each day.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Cayo
Ranger

Post by Cayo »

Rangers,

I am offically one step closer! I guess I should have had more faith in the word of my senior drill because after our 36 hour pass during a 2 day field problem he called me up and told me he nominated me for an Airborne Ranger contract.

An hour after that he called me over again and I was signing my Ranger contract on the hood of a blue dodge somewhere in the fort benning wilderness! My orders to ft. Bliss are now cancelled and I will report back here jan 4th for airborne.

Our company nominated 12 guys for contracts and 11 of us took them.

In a lot of ways not having a contract, besides the anxiety, has been a blessing in disguise. The pressure to perform, to stand out and be exceptional, has been constant. It has been good motivation for the days when I haven't been as motivated.

Our first seargent told us we will probably spend a while in airborne hold since it will be all backed up after new years, but that is just more time to improve on pt and rucking. I blaster APFT 5, our last pt test, out of the water.

80 PU
85 SU
11:51 2 mile

I'm so much closer to my goals now. I will earn what's mine, I will get my scroll. Best regards and happy thanksgiving.
Alex
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Proud of you we are young Padawan. Difficult is the way you've chosen, do not quit!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Cayo
Ranger

Post by Cayo »

Rangers,
Graduated Wednesday from OSUT. It was a good ceremony, but even better to finally be with family again after so long. Now I'm at home on exodus until I report back the 4th for Airborne.

It is a great feeling indeed to finally say that I am a US Army Infantryman.

Best regards and happy holidays,
Alex
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Cayo wrote:Rangers,
Graduated Wednesday from OSUT. It was a good ceremony, but even better to finally be with family again after so long. Now I'm at home on exodus until I report back the 4th for Airborne.

Alex
Excellent & congratulations on earning your Blue Cord Cayo.

Now get yourself a man's avatar, may I suggest one from tactical selection or one of your own choosing.

Happy Holidays Alex.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Congratulations stud.

Don't get lazy over the holidays - take a few days off, but conduct maintenance PT at a minimum so that you don't lose your edge prior to training. If you are a hold-under during Airborne School do not listen to what other Privates are saying, especially the quitters and wannabes who will not make it. Your instincts will tell you who they are as soon as they open their mouth.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Cayo
Ranger

Post by Cayo »

Steadfast wrote:

Alex
Excellent & congratulations on earning your Blue Cord Cayo.

Now get yourself a man's avatar, may I suggest one from tactical selection or one of your own choosing.

Happy Holidays Alex.
Opted for Clint... you can never go wrong with the man with no name.
RASP 04-11
RS 03-12
<2>
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

So, Cayo, where did you wind up?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Sparks24
Future Soldier

Post by Sparks24 »

Ranger K.Ingraham,

Here is a post from Cayo recently.

http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=57380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is done. All I have been working and preparing for over the past year has finally paid off, and the feeling of accomplishment was so worth it.

This morning, my brothers and I donned our tan berets and graduated at freedom hall.

It was everything I hoped it to be. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far and ready to continue working hard and doing my part.

Off to 2/75 for me :)

I want to thank every Ranger here for the input and advice I have received over this past year. A special thanks goes to Ranger Nmott05, who helped me immeasurably over these past months.

Best regards to all. Thanks again,
Alex
Discipline is a bitch, but once you master it, there's nothing quite like it.
-Anonymous
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

dammit. Pushin' 'em out for lack of attention - I replied in that thread!
Thanks Sparks. :oops:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “About OSUT”