SITREP

Basic & AIT
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Good on ya lad!

DON'T quit.

You will NEVER work with greater men than those you serve with should you have the intestinal fortitude to make it to Regiment.
minitech11x
Future Soldier

Post by minitech11x »

Indulate,
First i have to say congradulations!
I ship out in oct. as 11x and am hopeing to earn airborne or possibly ranger contract. Im curious how many airborne and/or ranger slots were available to your company?
thanks for you time, Jordan
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

jlstone11x wrote:Indulate,
First i have to say congradulations!
I ship out in oct. as 11x and am hopeing to earn airborne or possibly ranger contract. Im curious how many airborne and/or ranger slots were available to your company?
Pat attention to details. Indulate was a Future Soldier/ Opt40 before he entered service.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP. Keep up the good work and never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
minitech11x
Future Soldier

Post by minitech11x »

Ranger Steadfast: I dont mean to be disrespectful but i understand he is an Opt40 the reason i was asking Indulate is beacuse he is in OSUT and he said "My company gave Airborne and Ranger contracts this week. The criteria for a Ranger contract was high APFT scores and roughly a 105+ GT score. A few guys with 300's on the APFT were disqualified for low ASVAB scores and law violations." so i was assuming those contracts were for people like me who didn't already have airborne or Ranger in their contract, and i was just curious on how many contracts were available to his company because i am would like to be airborne or Ranger and i unfortunatly didn't get either in my contract.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Good job dude. Don't quit
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

minitech11x wrote:Ranger Steadfast: I dont mean to be disrespectful but i understand he is an Opt40 the reason i was asking Indulate is beacuse he is in OSUT and he said "My company gave Airborne and Ranger contracts this week. The criteria for a Ranger contract was high APFT scores and roughly a 105+ GT score. A few guys with 300's on the APFT were disqualified for low ASVAB scores and law violations." so i was assuming those contracts were for people like me who didn't already have airborne or Ranger in their contract, and i was just curious on how many contracts were available to his company because i am would like to be airborne or Ranger and i unfortunatly didn't get either in my contract.
minitech11x...DO NOT RELY ON THE POWER OF PRAYER TO GET YOU ON OPTION 40 DEAL. CALL YOU RECRUITER IN THE MORNING AND TELL HIM YOU ARE GOING TO RENEGOTIATE YOUR CONTRACT AND HAVE OPTION 40 IN IT OR YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GO!!!

This is the rest of your fuckin' life we are talking about, do it right the first time! If you don't have it in your contract when you ship, you may never get a chance at being a Ranger. Don't pin your hopes on what happened in someone elses class, it may not happen in yours! Do not accept any bullshit off of your Recruiter, but don't be an asshole with him either. Just be firm and tell him that you are going to RENO your contract and get an OPT 40 before you commit your life to something you don't want. You may have to delay your ship date, and you may have to consider another MOS (like Ranger Medic). But if you want to be a Ranger, get your shot at it in writing before you leave!!!!!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
minitech11x
Future Soldier

Post by minitech11x »

Ranger Slowpoke: Thanks for the advice! My situation is that i have a medical waiver and because of that, the Doc at meps wont sign for the Airborne physical.

Thanks for you time,
Jordna
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Indulate wrote:Not sure if this belongs in the Letters From School section, but to get keep things consolidated, I'll just post the rest of my SITREPS in this topic.

Graduated OSUT. My company pushed through a shit ton of Airborne and RASP contracts. Something like 20 out of the 45 in my platoon had Airborne or RASP. They literally pushed a contract to anyone who wanted one and made the criteria. When it was all said and done, 9 guys in my platoon had RASP contracts.

... and almost all of them are talking about dropping it. Apparently our RASP date starts after Christmas and they don't want to wait in holdover for very long. I'll wait in holdover as long as it takes to get the Scroll; some just aren't as motivated. Just more time to prepare and train.

Completed ground week at BAC, PT is pretty pathetic. A lot of people are getting injured, hurt, or quitting. My main goal while I'm here is to stay 110% healthy and injury free for RASP. The variety of rank and services are a pretty interesting change of pace from OSUT. Just another check in the box. After being here a week, I'm already looking forward to the suck RASP is going to bring.
Excellent SITREP. You will see many fall by the wayside. Don't be one of them. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Gotta love those sad sacks that "really want to be a Ranger, but don't want to wait" :lol:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Indulate wrote:Hello Rangers,

Graduted Airborne, after some very windy and hard landings I landed my 5 jumps and earned my Airborne Wings. I'm currently in Pre-RASP holdover untill early January. I quickly learned here in holdover that I still have a long way to go with my PT and while I'm here in holdover I'll be using every chance I get to better prepare myself for the RASP course. The class I came with from Airborne quickly got smaller as everyone fell out to the worldwide formation. That formation is much, much larger than the Pre-RASP. Currently getting myself and my class squared away for the fun.

Thanks for reading, Rangers.
Excellent (if brief) SITREP. As the weak fall by the wayside, your chances improve. Now go out and continue to improve your chances by hard work and perseverance. Never, never quit!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations Paratrooper Indulate

When you finished OSUT, you were entitle to select an avatar of your (earned) choice. May I suggest something tactical perhaps.

Meanwhile you are in hold, enjoy your holidays, stay clean, pt & never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About OSUT”