Drill Sergants

Basic & AIT
mr.goodwrench83
Embryo

Drill Sergants

Post by mr.goodwrench83 »

Is it true that your drill sergant isn't allowed to touch you? I mean slap you around and stuff. Or at least as long as it doesnt leave a mark? Thanks.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

It's true, but it still has to be reported first. So it's up to whoever sees it or gets hit by one of them to tell someone about it. I think verbal abuse is more than enough without them hitting you. I guess at times it is needed... you'll know what I'm talking about if you get to RIP or any kind of selection process... even in Airborne school. Some dumbasses just need to be hit in the face before they will learn. Usually they just get dropped on their ass a few times in jump school, and they figure it out.

Answer is no, however.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

They save all of the 'wall-to-wall' counselling for when you get to BN.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Saltbitch wrote:They save all of the 'wall-to-wall' counselling for when you get to BN.
It's been a long time since I heard that expression.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Spartan

Re: Drill Sergants

Post by Spartan »

mr.goodwrench83 wrote:Is it true that your drill sergant isn't allowed to touch you? I mean slap you around and stuff. Or at least as long as he doesnt leave a Mark? Thanks.
Is that upsetting to you? You were looking forward to getting 'touched'?

No, but if you want, he can leave a Jim, a Bob and a Ted.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

The way I look at it is this: If your afraid of "getting touched", how are you going to feel about getting shot at. Rangers are like animals, they can smell your fear. No one wants to get shot at, but it is how you handle your fear. If you are worried about getting smacked, you need to think about being a secratary or something. If you can't control your fear you can get someone killed.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Spartan

Re: Drill Sergants

Post by Spartan »

mr.goodwrench83 wrote:Is it true that your drill sergant isn't allowed to touch you? I mean slap you around and stuff. Or at least as long as it doesnt leave a mark? Thanks.
Seriously - if you want to be a soldier, you have to go into it with your eyes open. The men who will train you to be a soldier are professionals - not only have they soldiered in various units throughout the Army, they've spent time being trained in what methods are the best to train you. Slapping you or assaulting you in anyway is not included in the curriculum. It's bad enough that most of you are away from mama for the first time in your lives.

But, there will be opportunities for your fellow soldiers to 'touch' you, like when you are sleeping quite possibly, with a blanket and their fists if you are a screw up. It's called a blanket party and almost everyone in basic training had a screw up in their platoon. As is the case, he couldn't fit in and brought group punishment on everyone because he was not ready to be professional through the learning process of becoming a soldier. DONT be that person! Keep your mouth shut, your ears and eyes open, follow the instructions that the professional soldiers who are training you are providing and you'll do fine.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Could'nt have put it better myself, Rgr Spartan.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
mr.goodwrench83
Embryo

Post by mr.goodwrench83 »

Well, it's not that I'm afraid of being hit or anything, I was just wondering. I don't like surprises. Thanks for the information.
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

Oz wrote:I don't care who you are. If a guy puts his hands on me, he better be prepared to get "rubbed" back.
And I thought I was the only one like that. :wink: Can I have your number? :roll:

Oh, wait, don't ask don't tell. Crap, disregard the previous.
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
Bell

Post by Bell »

Oz wrote:I don't care who you are. If a guy puts his hands on me, he better be prepared to get "touched" back.
Oz, Prime Target is a good tag for ya. You don't get it son. Rangers love that kind of shit. If a Ranger puts his hands on ya, ya usually don't get the chance to touch back. Once that Ranger is in the "go" mode, it's smoke.

Stop being the tough guy you aren't. You've got a long way to go.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “About OSUT”