Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
QuietResolve
Embryo

Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Post by QuietResolve »

Hello Rangers.

I'm simply wondering if any of you have experience with bujinkan budo taijutsu, what used to be known as ninjutsu. I've been researching it quite a bit, I've even found that there is someone in my town that teaches it. I'm very interested in it because from what I understand, there is no focus on sport or competition at all within this martial art. It instead focuses highly on very real combat as it applies to life and death situations. If any Rangers here have experience with bujinkan and would be willing to share, I would be very much obliged. Would this kind of martial art be desirable in regards to what I will face in my future in the military?

Thank you Rangers for your time.
-QR
QuietResolve
Embryo

Post by QuietResolve »

Veteran borebrush,

I in no way believe, nor did I mean to imply, that martial arts will get me through RIP. Rather, I am interested in the Rangers', or others, opinions of it. How do you feel it to compare to other martial arts? Given the choice between bujinkan and any other, which would you choose? I'm just trying to get a feel of whether I should bother with lessons or not.

A military crest is the shoulder of a hill or ridge rather than its actual crest. It is the highest contour of elevation from which the base of its slope can be seen without defilade.

In regards to how not to skyline myself, that information is not readily available online, but I will continue to research both this and more on military crests, and will post a more acceptable definition to each.

The first sig line in an abridged version of the Litany Against Fear, taken from the novel Dune, written by Frank Herbet. The second half, the best advice I can remember being given in a long time, is a quote from my introduction thread by Ranger GSXRanger. And thank you Veteran borebrush for telling me about "Gates of Fire", it sounds incredible. I will go pick it up when my next paycheck comes in.

-QR
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I wondered how long it would take you to chime in on another damn ninja thread. :lol:
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I always love the ninja threads...Now someone will rediscover the urban-Ninja thread and start posting those hilarious stalking videos.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I couldn't wait:

RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Bring back the Mall Ninja!!

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

If you like ninjas, check out http://askaninja.com. Everything you ever wanted to know about ninjas/killing/inflicting pain.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Using that oriental bullshit is going to get reeeeeeeeeeeeal expensive

I'll take a good pugilist anyday!

A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
EvilCouch
Ranger

Re: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Post by EvilCouch »

QuietResolve wrote:Hello Rangers.

I'm simply wondering if any of you have experience with bujinkan budo taijutsu, what used to be known as ninjutsu. I've been researching it quite a bit, I've even found that there is someone in my town that teaches it. I'm very interested in it because from what I understand, there is no focus on sport or competition at all within this martial art. It instead focuses highly on very real combat as it applies to life and death situations.
So, in other words, there's no way to prove that their techniques work or that the instructor is worth a shit.

As Matt Larsen was fond of pointing out, systems that don't include provisions for competition are usually flawed as all hell, because there is NO way to know whether or not the training you are recieving works until you try those moves with someone else trying to kick your ass while you do it.

If you're going to learn a fighting style because you want to be good at fighting, you need to pick one that's fucking proven. Learning "secret" styles doesn't get you fucking anywhere. There's a reason why in the first few UFCs they had sumo, savate, ninjutsu, kung fu, capoeira and a lot of other flashy or popular martial arts and they don't any more. Because the shit doesn't work.

You want to learn how to fight, learn how to hit people and learn how to grapple. It's that simple. Boxing, karate, muay thai, wrestling, judo, jujtsu are what work for that. You get a solid foundation in them and you're fine.

And never trust a fighting instructor that can't kick your ass. If the instructor doesn't compete regularly in martial arts competitions, it reflects poorly on what he thinks of his abilities.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Equalizer
US Army Veteran

Post by Equalizer »

I did Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu for quite a few years, I loved it. My favorite art thus far. PM me if you'd like any info.
Somewhere someone is training to kill you. He trains with minimal food and water, in austere conditions. The only thing clean on him is his weapon, and he made his gear. His ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when you stop chasing him. He is not concerned about how hard it is he knows either he wins, or dies. He doesn't go home, he is home.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Equalizer wrote:I did Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu for quite a few years, I loved it. My favorite art thus far. PM me if you'd like any info.
You do realize that you're replying to a dude that hasn't visited the site in over a year, right?
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic

Return to “Close Combat”