Intro - BigBoss

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
BigBoss
Egg

Intro - BigBoss

Post by BigBoss »

Good Afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving Rangers,

I'm currently going through the DLI as a 35P and have about 7 months left before I head out to AIT. I'm not option 40, but from what I'm told I'll be able to drop a RASP packet and get picked up from that. Really focusing right now on the PT, I can max APFT easy, and max the Run, Sprint Drag Carry for the ACFT; I can't however do much weight on the deadlift.

Honestly I don't know what I need to proceed with in regards to PT in terms of improving; hopefully I can find some resources on this website in addition to what I've been finding outside of it and really prepare myself for the regiment.

Thank you for reading.

V/R,
BigBoss
IntelToad
Ranger

Re: Intro - BigBoss

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here, how is DLI ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
BigBoss
Egg

Post by BigBoss »

IntelToad wrote: December 13th, 2020, 6:16 pm Welcome here, how is DLI ?
DLI is as hard as it's supposed to be as well as being alongside the pandemic, but we're trotting along and making the best of it. Quarantined as much as possible, but as far as I know the cases of Covid are very low. Might raise after HBL though.
BigBoss
Egg

Post by BigBoss »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote: December 14th, 2020, 5:32 am Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Happy to be here, Ranger.
BigBoss
Egg

Post by BigBoss »

Good morning/evening Rangers, quick update to my position.

Should be graduating DLI in about a month or so given I pass the DLPT, heading out to AIT afterward. I've been on and off on the website and found some threads speaking about the possibility of getting a mentor while here and a discord around it? Any chance I could get added to that or will I have to do some pre-requisites?

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”