My intro

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Truckin
Egg

My intro

Post by Truckin »

Hello my name is Andy . I'm prior service army 11b with 520th 2004-2007.

I'm 32 and attempting to re enlist I miss it there just isint anything like infantry in the military and I feel like something is missing in life like its incomplete .this time I really want to go to the ranger regiment it's what I have always wanted since a small kid singing I want to be an airborne ranger. When I first enlisted I was nowhere near in good enough shape to make it to the regiment but I have been preparing now for years for this . This isint something i woke up this morning wanting to do I have been preparing and know full well what I'm getting into. Since I have been out I have gone to school and got my BA in nursing. Took a few welding classes and also have my cdl class A.

So far all I have been offered is an 18x contract and get told prior service isint eligible for an option 40 but I'm not taking no for an answer I'm pretty sure I'm going shopping for a new recruiter the current one is already sick of me turning things down. He is an 88m so I'm not sure he can understand . I think I need to find an infantry recruiter.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: My intro

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey Andy,

Thanks for your service. I know you can't edit posts here, but please be a bit more aware of your punctuation. I acknowledge that posting from a phone is not quite the easiest thing ever... However, it's something we try to do to keep the site clean and the younger generation from pooping all over the place with crazy internet lingo posts!

You know as well as any of us do that there isn't a real no in the military. I do believe that prior service frequently get limited to the MOS they can pick as well as the options (if any) that come with it. As Ranger X-Ray mentioned, if your goal is to serve in the 75th you may be keen on checking up on the other jobs that serve that outside of 11 series. Many of those jobs are in high demand and 75th recruiters will seek you out in the even that you cannot get an OPT 40. Something to think about...

Great work on getting your BA. Do you think you'd want to go to the Officer route? I ask because last time I checked 35 was still the cutoff so you're short on time if you do.

Update your signature block with a brief bit of service credentials and I will update your rank to reflect it.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”