Introduction - Parent

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
WillieRoss
Egg

Introduction - Parent

Post by WillieRoss »

Hi,

Informative site, time for me to register. My son is nearing the end of the pipeline as a Ranger medic. He is set to graduate from SOCM shortly, currently in his Trauma rotation. He should be finding out his destination soon, no orders yet. I have no military experience and have used the past two years to gain as much knowledge as possible into the world my son is experiencing and will soon face. I do all I can now to promote and educate others regarding the special operations community, Rangers in particular. Though I've met only a small fraction of those currently or formerly serving, I feel the connection and do all I can to contribute to the family. RLTW.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Parent

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, WillieRoss. The Ranger Medic course is a tough road. You and your family must be very proud of him.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome WillieRoss, Please tell us more about yourself. When you speak / communicate with your son, please invite him to register on this site.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome Sir, I'm sure you're very proud of your son, as you should be. Sounds like you led by example and raised him right. Good on you.

That said and as you said you're trying to educate others on SOF/Ranger Regiment, please, and this is extremely important, always maintain a level of PERSEC/OPSEC as you both move forward into this life.

If you're not yet sure what that means reach out to one of us or just state it here and we will educate you on it, for the sake of the Regiment and its Rangers.

Again, welcome and enjoy the site.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
WillieRoss
Egg

Post by WillieRoss »

Four years have passed since my last post. So often you read on this site a series of posts that end abruptly and it always leaves you wondering what happened. In my son's case he completed medic training and made it to Regiment. He has experienced four deployments and re-upped during deployment 3. Earlier this year he was accepted to PA school and will soon be heading to Sam Houston. It's been a roller coaster ride for him, a series of ups and downs, highs and lows. He's had to deal with heat stroke and busted foot on a night jump, got a straight go through school, got his CMB along the way. Met his bride and is expecting their first. We've visited many times and enjoyed getting to know his army family. We couldn't be prouder.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

You have right to be proud, he has done well.
These young studs are amazing & raise the bar even higher.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”