Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Greenhorn
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Greenhorn »

Good morning all,

I am a SPC currently serving in the ARNG for the past 3 1/2 yrs. as a 92F. I submitted my request for a conditional release and it is almost finalized. My ultimate goal is to get an option 40 contract when I transition. I realize that this may not happen being prior service at that point but, I will do everything I can to make it happen. I've been working tirelessly for the past few months to improve my P.T. and will continue to do so regardless of outcome. I'm glad I found this site because I want to learn and this seems like a great place to do just that. Thank you for your time.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Greenhorn. Tell us more about yourself.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Greenhorn
Embryo

Post by Greenhorn »

Sure thing, I'll do my best. I'm 26, married, living in Florida, my wife just gave birth recently to our first child. I grew up always knowing I wanted to serve. My grandfather was in the Army as a medic before WW2 and transfered into the Air force as a Tech. SGT right before it kicked off. He retired after 26 years. My dad served as a Heavy Transport Operator in the Army for a few years. I remember being fascinated with their service medals,dog tags, old pics and such . It meant alot to me for some reason. Always seemed like I was meant to serve and I wanted to. I played sports most of my life, baseball mainly and loved it. After I graduated my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I had been working with Army recruiter's to enlist before we found out and I decided it best to put that on hold and just be there for him. We made the best of the time we had and did the best we could. Shortly after he passed I began talking to recruiters again and given the situation I thought for some reason enlisting in ARNG would be the best thing to do and short term maybe it was. I've been serving as a part of a En Bn FSC for the 3 1/2 yrs. I have no complaints. I've met great people and learned alot. I've spent alot of time on active duty orders and volunteering for various things during my short time. I desire to serve in a greater capacity. My conditional release is almost finalized and I can't wait! My aim is to get an option 40 contract and make the most of my opportunities. As long as I can remember I've always wanted to be a Ranger. If I can earn the opportunity to prove myself I will do everything humanly possible to do just that. Hopefully that describes me a little better and I apologize if I've repeated myself about anything.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You may find this link helpful as you plan your transformation from ARNG to AD. Are you an MOS 12B?

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... iting.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Greenhorn
Embryo

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks for the link Ranger Jim, very informative. Negative, I came in as an E-1 92F. The only thing that has changed in 3 1/2 yrs. is now I'm an E-4 92F.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Greenhorn wrote:Thanks for the link Ranger Jim, very informative. Negative, I came in as an E-1 92F. The only thing that has changed in 3 1/2 yrs. is now I'm an E-4 92F.
I hope you noticed that the Regiment does have slots for 92F MOS soldiers. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Greenhorn
Embryo

Post by Greenhorn »

Roger Ranger Jim, I was hoping to be able to change my MOS when securing a new contract. Preferably 11x option 40. I guess beggars can't be choosers though in that particular situation. Any possibility is better than no possibility. Thank you. I'm not 100% sure if this would be the appropriate section to ask this question but, I was wondering if it would be acceptable to seek Ranger mentorship to better prepare myself now or wait until I'm able to secure an option 40 to seek mentorship?

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”