Intro. And a Question

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
pfcgunbunny
Egg

Intro. And a Question

Post by pfcgunbunny »

Hello,
I created the account on this forum trying to obtain information regarding the Regiment and LRS as a whole back when I was young and had little to no clue about the Army as a whole. But it's been a while, I've grown up and I"m still searching for answers that members of my current unit and other forums that I've searched don't have. With the being said I will re-do my intro.

Still, I'm a 13B but currently as a SL2. I have 4.5 years TIS and heading into my second oppurtunity for re-enlistment. But this time I am ready to make a change in my career and I am ready to try out for a position in the very well respected and quite Legendary (in my opinion) Rangers. I have been researching multiple MOSs that fit the criteria and requirements for entry into the Regiment. 2 that have caught my eye are the communcations specialties, 25C and 25U. I know the basic duties and responsibilities that men and women in this field have because of the current research I have done but, having experienced the Army for a decent portion of my life now I have realized that the black and white that describes the duties we have only scratches the surface of what you can really expect. So my question is, what can I expect to be doing not only on a daily basis, but on an operational basis with these communication jobs in a Ranger BN.

I have thought multiple times about just making an attempt to go Infantry but I really hold a lot of pride in myself being technically proficient. (Not saying Infantrymen aren't technically proficient) As a whole I would just like to have a purpose and be someone my buddies can rely on.

Any response is Highly Appreciated.

History:
B BTRY 2-77 FAR 4ID- OEF XIV
C BTRY 1-320 FAR 101ABN- OIR XVI
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro. And a Question

Post by Jim »

pfcgunbunny, Interesting re-introduction. It has been almost three years since your last post. Looks like you have been on active duty for at least two or three years. And you are still a PFC? We have a couple Commo types on the site. Recommend you read their comments in the letters from school thread. Please ask specific questions and we will try to answer them. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”