Introduction: Jason

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
arsomething
Embryo

Introduction: Jason

Post by arsomething »

Hello, Rangers

I may not be the best as a public speaker, but I will definitely put effort into it to get my point across.
My name is Jason, I'm 19 a year old infantryman (Platoon RTO) and have just under a year of time in service in the army. I spent about 5 years powerlifting before joining the army, and finished my weightlifting stint with a 500lb raw deadlift when I was 16, besides graduating OSUT I suppose I'd say this is one of my greatest personal feats. I had wanted to join the army and more specifically become a Ranger since I was 6 or so, and I enlisted the day after I turned 18 and was in DEP for about 6 months where I spent my final days with my best friends, wife, and family in Upstate NY. I graduated from OSUT in December of 2015 and I hit the ground running and got to do some awesome training. I'm a devout Christian, saved just over 2 years ago, and I've got a beautiful wife and baby back home in the states. Some things I'd like to gain from the wisdom of you Rangers is some pointers to maintaining a happy and healthy relationship while in the military, as well as training and any knowledge you can spread (beyond the sticky's) about Ranger School and preparing for it. Unfortunately, some key pointers I see in the sticky's will be hard to accomplish due to the fact that I am deployed. I am mostly referring to rucking and testing land nav skills past plotting grids.

I learned recently that slots for Ranger School were open for my troop when we got back next year, and after harassing my LT and being literally the only motivated PVT in my platoon, I was guaranteed a slot as far as order of merit goes. This kicked me into overdrive and I immediately started absorbing as much information and pushing myself harder in the gym because I know that if there is anything that I can do to prepare for Ranger School, I am willing to do it.

I strive to live by the army values and to live by the books every day. Nothing hurts me more than seeing soldiers who act against the oaths and country that they swore to protect. I personally strive to uphold integrity both of my Christian nature as well as my military bearings. I wish I could put into words the heart and dedication I have to serving this country, and the NEED to earn the tab.

Short-range goal in the army is to earn my Ranger tab and serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Mid-range goal would be to become a drill sgt, go SF
Long-range goal would be to become a 1SG and to reach the rank of Command Sgt Major

As of right now it will be a challenge to get current complete PT score, but I will accomplish the mission!
11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Jason

Post by Jim »

Jason, have you deployed for combat?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
arsomething
Embryo

Post by arsomething »

Jim wrote:Jason, have you deployed for combat?
Roger, Ranger Jim. I am currently in theater and have earned my CIB.
11B
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Well young man you have some serious research to do. For someone that's wanted to be a Ranger since the young age of 6, it doesn't appear you've researched too far into it.

Let me help you out here a bit. Ranger School is not a pre-requisite or the path to service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. It would certainly help to have a Tab prior too if you have the opportunity, but you need to learn about and complete RASP to be accepted into a Battalion.

There is no such thing as the 75th Ranger Battalion. See where I'm going with this?

Watch your 6 over there, and start reading everything you can on here, when you have free time.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
arsomething
Embryo

Post by arsomething »

cams wrote:Well young man you have some serious research to do. For someone that's wanted to be a Ranger since the young age of 6, it doesn't appear you've researched too far into it.

Let me help you out here a bit. Ranger School is not a pre-requisite or the path to service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. It would certainly help to have a Tab prior too if you have the opportunity, but you need to learn about and complete RASP to be accepted into a Battalion.

There is no such thing as the 75th Ranger Battalion. See where I'm going with this?

Watch your 6 over there, and start reading everything you can on here, when you have free time.

Roger, Ranger cams. I still haven't found a way to edit my original post since I realized it had a typo, I'll roll with the punches on that one. I'll be dropping a RASP packet when I get back from everything. I'll be honest when I say I didn't take my ambition too far until I was finally in the army. I'll be studying day in and day out.
11B
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Roger that. Drive on stud and thank you for stepping up.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”