Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
DrWh0m
Future Soldier

Introduction

Post by DrWh0m »

Rangers,

My name is Ryan. I am a 23 year old male currently serving in the Army National Guard with the rank of PFC. I went to basic training and AIT, as an 88M, almost exactly a year ago. While I was in training I was awarded honor graduate and army values soldier of the cycle. Once I returned home I immediately began the process to transfer from the National Guard to the Regular Army as well as change my MOS to 68W with the hopes of becoming a Ranger medic. Unfortunately because of the conditions of the conditional release form I was unable to to get an option 40 contract when I enlisted yesterday. They told me this was because I was considered prior service and was not actually reenlisting this was confirmed when the career councilor called his headquarters to ask if he could even pull an option 40, I said I would not sign otherwise. After a lengthy phone call it was determined that it was not possible. I signed the contract for 68W and I ship on 27 April to Fort Sam Houston for AIT. I intend on applying to the Regiment while in AIT and will be contacting the recruiting command next week to see if I can start any of the paper work in advance. My most recent APFT score was a 288 with both the push ups and sit ups maxed. I have been studying for AIT for the last 2 months and have a firm grasp on the concepts I am learning. I also have taken a number of A&P courses while I was pursuing my degree. I am honored to be a member of this site and hope to gain valuable information from the Rangers here to best prepare myself for the path ahead.
Private First Class.
Prior National Guard 88M.
Enlisted as a 68W: Ship date 27 April 2016
Ranger Medic Hopeful
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome Ryan, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please read the letters from school thread, you will find we have a number of 68W trainees who earn an Option 40 slot during AIT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DrWh0m
Future Soldier

Post by DrWh0m »

Ranger Jim,

Thank you for the welcome, as I said I am honored to be in such company. I have been reading through many of the threads and have spent a good amount of time reading through the letters from school section. One thing that I would like a bit of clarification on is any paper work that I can get completed before I ship, such as getting a packet ready before hand. I will continue searching through the forums and learning as much as I can in the meantime.
Private First Class.
Prior National Guard 88M.
Enlisted as a 68W: Ship date 27 April 2016
Ranger Medic Hopeful
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ryan.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Fuego
Ranger

Post by Fuego »

Welcome to the sute Ryan. Please give us your APFT scores, plus pullups.
RC 05-00
A/1/502, 101st Abn 97-98
B/1/501, 172 SIB 98-01
B/2/3, 2ID 01-02
A/3/187, 101st Abn 02-04 (OEF1/OIF1)

USARA - LRR4889 (Life Member)

Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands.
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here.