Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
luckylee
Soldier

Introduction

Post by luckylee »

Good morning. I'm new to the forums. I submitted my packet for RASP on Friday. I'm here to gather as much information, wisdom and guidance as I can while I wait for word back on my packet. I'm Active Duty with 11 years in (2004-current). I reclassed from Military Police to be a Persian Farsi and Afghan Dari Linguist. Hoping to be accepted to attend RASP and join the Regiment IOT gain job satisfaction and serve with the elite. I welcome any and all guidance to those that have it. Thank you for reading.

Joshua
Afghanistan 2005-06 (Helmand Province)
Afghanistan 2009-10 (Paktya Province)
92D MP Co (Hanau, Germany)
40th MP Det (SRT/SWAT)
92D MP CO (Baumholder, Germany)
3d Cavalry Regiment (FT Hood, Texas)
Currently in Georgia
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Joshua, How is your AFPT?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
luckylee
Soldier

Post by luckylee »

Ranger Jim:

Currently: (30 years old, 72", 195 lbs)
P/U: 96
S/U: 98
RUN: 84
(278)

Since the APFT scores above, (November) I have greatly increased my running frequency and distance as well as began rucking. I will be requesting a re-test at the end of March.
I am following the PT plan provided by my recruiter which adds swims into my PT Plan. I have mostly done Olympic lifting so I have changed all of that to include more HIIT and body weight training. (TRX straps mostly)

Update: I received an email from the recruiting office a few minutes ago stating that my packet made it into the board on Friday and is currently being reviewed. I'm not sure of the length of the boards, so I'll just continue training, reading and hoping that what I have to offer the Regiment stands out in my packet.

Thank you for your reply, Ranger Jim. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

V/r
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome Joshua. No need for you to use the Ranger_____ as a title when speaking here. You've earned your way already as an American Soldier, thank you for that as well.

Lot of great info here for you to read and learn from.

I would suggest that you add pull ups, both palms in and palms out to your workout routine. You'll be doing plenty of them and it's actually a requirement for Ranger PT tests.

I look forward to watching your progress. One rule, never quit.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
luckylee
Soldier

Post by luckylee »

cams wrote:Welcome Joshua. No need for you to use the Ranger_____ as a title when speaking here. You've earned your way already as an American Soldier, thank you for that as well.

Lot of great info here for you to read and learn from.

I would suggest that you add pull ups, both palms in and palms out to your workout routine. You'll be doing plenty of them and it's actually a requirement for Ranger PT tests.

I look forward to watching your progress. One rule, never quit.

I greatly appreciate the warm welcome. I've noticed the wealth of information in here and I'm taking it in like a sponge. As per the recommended pre-RASP PT plan, I've definitely incorporated those pull ups. I look forward to hearing the board results. I made it in last friday, thank God. So, now I wait to see if I'm invited to be assessed and continue physically preparing. If it gets denied, I just find out when I can submit again and remain physically ready.

Again, thank you for the welcome and for your service as well.

Joshua
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Joshua, there's only one secret to making it through RASP, give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
luckylee
Soldier

Post by luckylee »

rangerjd wrote:Welcome to the site Joshua, there's only one secret to making it through RASP, give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW

Rangerjd, much appreciated. Quitting is not on my horizon. I've wanted this since I joined the Army. I greatly look forward to the opportunity to prove myself an asset to the Regiment soon.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Are you a native Farsi speaker or did you go to school? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Joshua. . .Thank you for service.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
luckylee
Soldier

Post by luckylee »

Jim wrote:Are you a native Farsi speaker or did you go to school? Never, never quit!
I went to DLI. Currently 2+/2/2 on Farsi DLPT and 2+/2 on Dari
luckylee
Soldier

Post by luckylee »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:Welcome to the site, Joshua. . .Thank you for service.

RLTW!!!

Thank you for your service as well, Sir. I actually got an update today. Been a hell of a week so it was great to receive word from the recruiter that I made it through the first phase and my packet is now onto the second phase of vetting. Keeping my fingers crossed and my workouts and studying going strong.

V/r

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”