Currently serving introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
CurrentlyServing11C
Egg

Currently serving introduction

Post by CurrentlyServing11C »

Hey there.(Edited, PERSEC violation) here, been I the army for a little under two years. Currently in a unit at Ft. Carson that's being stood up. 1SBCT 1-38IN Aco Mortars. That's right I'm an 11Charlie and I love it.
Joined when I was 18 and was at 30th AG on New Year's Eve 2013. Joining the army was the best choice I've ever made. I haven't done much in my army career the biggest thing in proud of is that I'm currently in level two combatives. Now for the reason I'm here. I want to a ranger tabbed airborne ranger. I realize this a tough goal. Tough but not impossible. Now I'm sure all of you have run into the neigh Sayers about the army who do nothing but bad mouth it. Yes I do think stupid shit happens in the army and we do stupid things for stupid people who have a pay grade much higher then mine. I love the army as a whole. The reason I feel I want to join the regiment is because if I'm going into combat I want the best training, best team, best equipment and then best guys by my side. I've talked to a friend in 2nd battalion and he says the life of a Ranger is absolutely amazing. That's what I want. I want to be a Ranger so damn bad I'd give up my left nut for it. I realize though that beautiful tan beret and scroll on my shoulder is earned not given so I'd would like to find a mentor either currently serving or previously served. Anyone with good advice id welcome as well. Let me know what you got and if you have any questions for me feel free to ask.
CurrentlyServing11C
Egg

Re: Currently serving introduction

Post by CurrentlyServing11C »

I apologize for the spelling mistakes Iiterally just got out of the combatives class so I'm a little worn down.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through the site on their life journey. Most of the questions you may have may be answered using the search feature located on the top right of this page. You may find this link helpful. Never, never quit!

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

CurrentlyServing11C wrote:I apologize for the spelling mistakes Iiterally just got out of the combatives class so I'm a little worn down.
Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for stepping up and serving.

Being tired is the lamest excuse you can use for inattention to detail or making mistakes, even more so when you're trying to get into Regiment. You'll always be tired and beat up, and you'll always be counted on to give 100% and then some, whether you're tired, sick or wounded. That's what makes it the best Regiment in the world.

"A Ranger tabbed Airborne Ranger" is quite a title. How about we just call it being an Army Ranger for simplicity.

We capitalize Ranger, Regiment, and Battalion when used in reference to the 75th. You should as well.

Do some reading and research here, plenty of good info for you to learn from. Right now you sound like you're charging head first into a chain link fence. Slow yourself down a bit.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site. I'm currently visiting Ft Carson, Co to see my daughter and son-in-law, he's in the Ft Carson Mounted Color Guard. It's a nice post accept for the thunderstorms right now. Give everything you've got, ever time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”