Introduction - Ryan

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Ryan
Egg

Introduction - Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Rangers, family, and brothers in arms - greetings. Thank you for the most excellent forum space and resources!

I'm Ryan. Swore in back in April of 2011, shipped that September as a WOC. Completed BCT at Fort Benning, followed by some quality time at Fort Rucker enjoying WOCS, BOLC, SERE, IERW, and AH-64 qual, then a PCS and Air Assault School. Currently stationed at Fort Campbell (2013 - present) with an Apache battalion.

This is my first post in four years, and you'd be right to ask why. Simple answer: I didn't really have anything to contribute until now. As a DEP, I discovered the site while searching for fitness plans, found a ream of good advice, and had no questions. I also suspected that a (non-infantry, non-Ranger) DEP with zero training or operational experience was not really capable of speaking with relevance to any of the discussions occurring on the forum, so I elected to remain silent. Having a cherry recruit vomit words all over a post for the sake of filling lines with text just didn't seem like a productive use of anyone's time.

My recent experiences deployed to a CENTCOM theatre have finally provided me with something to say...

The current optempo here provides an interesting opportunity to work with a wide spectrum of players, from line infantry to ODA teams and foreign forces of all types and varied levels of competence. Given this mix of possibilities, I have found that the Rangers are consistently the finest, most professional organization amongst them. Missions in support of 3-10 are remarkable for their relative ease of execution and lack of chaos, even when contingencies occur, and the RTOs we've had the chance to work with make life vastly easier with their situational awareness and consistent mastery of ground to air radio communications procedures and brevity. In short, it's been a pleasure, and I wanted to confirm that the professionalism of the Rangers is still noted and appreciated beyond these walls.

Thanks for everything, and I look forward to future combined operations.

V/R,
Ryan
CW2 (AV), USA
rangerjd
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Ryan

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome back Sir, we love our WHOP, WHOP pilots, especially when our tail is on the line and our brothers in the sky are bailing us out. I hope you stick around for a while.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Ryan

Post by Jim »

Welcome Ryan. Please tell us more about your interests.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”