Intro- Stretch

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Stretch6Niner
Egg

Intro- Stretch

Post by Stretch6Niner »

Hello everyone,

I am and Active Duty SPC stationed at Fort Hood with the 36th Engineer Brigade. I have been in the Army a total of 5 years, 3.5 Army Reserves and 1.5 Active. I spent 10 months in Afghanistan in 2011, and never looked back. I just received my school dates for reclass from 12W to 12B. I am in the process of completing a packet for RASP 1 so I can attend after MOSQ school, only waiting on my 4187 to be signed and my 1SG's recommendation. I experienced some sound things down range, and was deployed with a extremely motivated and dedicated group of guys. After redeploying you start seeing all the bad apples in a unit, and the Army. I want to be in a unit where everyone wants to be there, and everyone gives 110% everyday in everything they do. I have always wanted to be in Ranger Regiment, I screwed myself when I initially enlisted in the Reserves. When coming Active Duty I tried for 11x Option 40 but was quickly shot down because I was prior service. I had to take my PMOS because it was available, not at all what I wanted to do. Now I am going to be one of the MOS's I actually wanted, and applying for assignment with 75th Ranger Regiment. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Thanks,
Stretch

PS- My PT test is as follows:
PU- 67
SU- 71
2MR- 13:33
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: Intro- Stretch

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country! I appreciate your desire to serve with the 75th Ranger Regiment. Go get it and never quit until you are there.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Welcome to the site buddy. I hope you find what your looking for.
4th Infantry 2011-present
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Stretch.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Stretch, glad to have you aboard. Please read all you can find. We here at armyranger.com take great pride in the fine young men who come by here on their life journey. Please begin by memorizing the Ranger creed and start living by it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”