Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
A.G.Etroop
USAF Veteran

Introduction

Post by A.G.Etroop »

Hello everyone,

First of all, my thanks for letting me be on the website, it is an honor. I am a nine year vet that served in the USAF from 2003-2012 as an AGE (Aerospace Ground Equipment) mechanic. That's right, I bleed blue and will always be proud of this. I've been stationed at Whiteman AFB, MO; Misawa AB Japan and Yokota AB Japan during my nine year stint. I currently live in Japan as this is where the wife wanted to stay for awhile before we hopefully go back to the states where employment opportunities are more readily available for English speakers. Once again, thank you very much.
A.G.Etroop
BleedingBlueEternally
"Early to bed, early to rise. Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome. Please tell us why you want to be on the Ranger Website?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
A.G.Etroop
USAF Veteran

Main Reason for being here

Post by A.G.Etroop »

Hello Jim,

I joined this website in hopes of receiving help to verify a ranger claim.

My little brother who is 19 years old lives in Waterford California. He was at a Best Buy in Riverbank, California looking at various products and when he stepped outside he was approached by an individual wearing army dress greens as he described to me. The man said he was a Lt. Colonel, active duty in the Army and that he was an Army Ranger sniper. My brother has not served yet as he is a tractor mechanic with Foster Farms making good money and has told me that he does not want to enlist in the military just yet, so therefore he has no clue how a uniform is supposed to be worn correctly. The thing that my brother did notice was that the man displayed three purple hearts. During his conversation with my brother he claimed that he had a record with the Army for killing a man a mile away. He also told him that he was setting up an army ranger sniper camp nearby and that my brother should give him a call if he wanted to go check it out and show the Lt. Col if he could shoot or not. He gave my brother a card with his name and number. My brother said he lost track of the card, but remembered this man's name and it was Richard Remming.

When my brother told me all of this it raised some flags. I hate it, I absolutely hate it when people inflate their service, or pretend they served when they haven't at all. I hope that he was telling the truth, but to me it seems very far fetched as I'm sure someone in the specials forces wouldn't openly talk about it as no one really needs to know. Plus, he was in front of Best Buy, in his dress greens? I am sure I could give him the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't hurt to check with the right people.

I am politely asking if this could somehow be looked into, as it would be horrible if he were scamming people with "sniper" lessons or whatever he could do.

One last thing, I despise people who imposter the real men and or women who really do what they have to do to keep our country safe with their hazardous line of work. Thank you for your time and patience.
A.G.Etroop
BleedingBlueEternally
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome Air Force. Thanks for your service as well. I can tell you already he's full of shit. 100%. Your brother should stay far away from this clown.

I do not know of him personally, but nobody I know, of any rank in Regiment, would approach a stranger and make such claims, never mind a LTC in uniform. Rangers are typically wary of anyone that they don't know, just an inate situational awareness in them, and only, if ever, speak of such things in very close circles.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cams wrote:Welcome Air Force. Thanks for your service as well. I can tell you already he's full of shit. 100%. Your brother should stay far away from this clown.

I do not know of him personally, but nobody I know, of any rank in Regiment, would approach a stranger and make such claims, never mind a LTC in uniform. Rangers are typically wary of anyone that they don't know, just an inate situational awareness in them, and only, if ever, speak of such things in very close circles.
What Ranger Cams says is very true. I've been around the Army (both active duty and as a contract employee) and never saw an LTC that was a sniper. Ever!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Actually sounds to me like some DBag militia self appointed Colonel (poser) trying to recruit young men into his group of misfits and fat bastards playing army in the woods.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

A.G.Etroop
USAF Veteran

Post by A.G.Etroop »

Thank you gentleman very much. I have talked with my brother again and told him to pay that stranger no mind whatsoever. It just really irritates me that there is a douchebag in that area wrongfully representing our armed forces. The audacity of him to falsely claim to be something he's not to either make money or get some tail just generally pisses me off.

It seems like this is an epidemic now, for I am seeing more and more news stories out there about losers like that, lying to everyone and making a fool of themselves. When I go to my favorite bar, My Place, outside the main gate here at Misawa Air Base occasionally I will catch airman lying to women saying that they are pilots and I usually shake my head in disgust. When me and my friends hear these stories, whom are either active duty or vets like myself, we decide if we wanna jump in and catch them in their lies or just dismiss it as because its a waste of time with those clowns.

Now I really wish somehow the community at large could find out about this phony. I did ask my brother if he could find that card he gave him and if he does I will give you guys the phone number on it. Thank you very much.
A.G.Etroop
BleedingBlueEternally
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Guys telling tall tales in a bar to try and get laid is as old as time itself. Everybody has stretched the truth in the past to impress a girl for the night. Not a big deal and not worth getting jammed up by the law if you end up clocking the dude. unless its specifically mentioned to be your unit or something like that. Then call him out, if he puffs up, check where the security cameras are, clock him good, giggle like a teenager and beat feet before the Fuzz shows up. Always fun.

If someone's passing themselves off for monetary gain, scamming a warriors family, or position of office, then by all means hammer him with both guns and publicly fry him.

There's so many of these clowns out there now you could go 24hrs a day for a year and not make a dent in the amount of losers still trying.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”