Intro - Proud Ranger Mom (prmronnie)

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
prmronnie
Embryo

Intro - Proud Ranger Mom (prmronnie)

Post by prmronnie »

I am happy to have found this support group. My son is currently in RASP phase 1, just completed Cole Range. I anxiously await to hear all the latest of his experiences. So far, all I can say is WOW!! He truly is a tough soldier!!

I have 3 children, 2 are girls, my soldier is my son and the youngest, so with that said, I might be a little bit too anxious when it comes to his well being. He is definitely one of my greatest heroes in my life. I hope to learn more about the path he has chosen. I fully support him and hope to find support on here for myself as well.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Intro - Proud Ranger Mom (prmronnie)

Post by cams »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com ma'am. You have every reason to be proud.

We have plenty of Ranger Parents here to assist you, I'm sure some will be along shortly to welcome you.

Take a look around, plenty to read up on and give you an idea of what to expect.

We ask that you learn what Opsec and Persec (Operational Security/Personal Security) means, to us and to your son, and mind what gets posted in the open in regards to that for the safety of our men and women in uniform.

Others will be along to welcome you in time.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

prmronnie wrote:I am happy to have found this support group. My son is currently in RASP phase 1, just completed Cole Range. I anxiously await to hear all the latest of his experiences. So far, all I can say is WOW!! He truly is a tough soldier!! . I fully support him and hope to find support on here for myself as well.
You raised a fine young man. I trust he will complete RASP. It is tough. Whatever happens, be proud of him.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
prmronnie
Embryo

Post by prmronnie »

Thank you for the warm welcome. Well, my son is off to Cole Range again. He'll be back on Friday.... he is determined to be a Ranger. I know he can do this. Of course, I'll be on pins and needles until he completes RASP and well, I'll probably be on pins and needles for the rest of his Army career, but so be it. I have faith he will do fine. I just need to be Army Strong like him. Not easy for a mom, though :lol:
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

You should change your sigline until he actually completes RASP, he is not a Ranger yet.

It's bad juju.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
prmronnie
Embryo

Post by prmronnie »

My son passed RASP!!
Jumping up and down for joy and praising God for answered prayers!
:D :) :D :wink: :D :)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Your son accomplished a great deal; you have good reason to be proud. However, now the tough part begins...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
prmronnie
Embryo

Post by prmronnie »

Thank you :)
He will be going for Airborne shortly after RASP graduation and would like for us to go to that ceremony so that my husband can pin both scroll and wings on him. I'm not looking forward to his absence while he's away for Ranger School, but this is definitely something he wants. I support him and will continue to keep him in my prayers. It's so not easy on my end, but when i think of all of his hard work, I know it's not easy for him either.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

prmronnie wrote:Thank you :)
He will be going for Airborne shortly after RASP graduation and would like for us to go to that ceremony so that my husband can pin both scroll and wings on him. I'm not looking forward to his absence while he's away for Ranger School, but this is definitely something he wants. I support him and will continue to keep him in my prayers. It's so not easy on my end, but when i think of all of his hard work, I know it's not easy for him either.
Where is he being assigned?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
prmronnie
Embryo

Post by prmronnie »

I don't know that yet.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome Ronnie. You have every right to be proud of your son... and yourself for raising such a man.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
prmronnie
Embryo

Post by prmronnie »

thank you.... :)

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”