Intro- Dyer

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Dyermaker
Egg

Intro- Dyer

Post by Dyermaker »

Greetings,

And welcome to my introduction post.
I am a 21 year old fresh out of infantry OSUT and now stationed at ft. Riley KS.

I left basic with a 239 pt score. Although not the best pt score I have had in basic, it is the last official pt score that I have taken. It was months ago, and I've been pushing hard ever since.

I came into the army with a 73 on my asvab and a 113gt score.

It has been a week since I have arrived at my unit and so far, and I am getting a taste of what the (mechanized) infantry life has in store.

It is a little disappointing...

When I joined the army, I knew that I wanted to be airborne infantry with something like an option 40 contract or 18x... But unfortunately for my sorry ass I was not eligible to get the contract because of being a French immigrant.
So I figured that I will join the army as a good old infantryman, get my pt where it needs to be, get my citizenship, and EARN the right to fight with the elite. And I feel my time is coming.

Now my issues like every other joe like me here is my damn pt score. I am not leaving to any schools or anything 'till I get my 300. Wether that will be in a couple months or years, it's not happening. But I mean, 20 push-ups, and a few sit-ups is all that stands in my way.

I am here to read about tricks and tips and maybe ask a question or two about what you wished you would of done before getting to a Ranger bat, or the type of boots y'all like to use when rucking. Would you use a ranger bat as a stepping stone for SF? Or do you consider SF as a different mos and not something better?

More info:
-I am fluent in French
-I think Mk16's are sexiest in black paint
-I shot expert in basic
-I am from Paris, France
-I was a squad leader throughout basic
-I study the ranger handbook religiously
-I like glocks more than 1911's
-I was an Airsoft addict in the civilian world

"I ain't no punk bitch" -DS MCNIR

That is all, and thanks.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro- Dyer

Post by Jim »

Are you in the 1st Infantry Division? I was in C/1-26 Infantry, what do you want?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Dyermaker
Egg

Post by Dyermaker »

Jim wrote:Are you in the 1st Infantry Division? I was in C/1-26 Infantry, what do you want?
Yes I am right now, 1-16.

My end goal with the army is to be a Green Beret, but I am thinking about going Rangers first.

I realize that you can't be a Ranger if you are just 'thinking about it', but is it common for rangers to go off into special forces after a few deployments?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

1-16 call themselves Ranger.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Dyermaker
Egg

Post by Dyermaker »

Jim wrote:1-16 call themselves Ranger.
Roger that, 'The Iron Rangers'.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Many of you questions have been answered before. Make sure you use the search feature first. Can't find an answer, then feel free to ask away.

Welcome

Tough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Dyermaker
Egg

Post by Dyermaker »

rangertough wrote:Many of you questions have been answered before. Make sure you use the search feature first. Can't find an answer, then feel free to ask away.

Welcome

Tough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Roger that, will do.

Thanks.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”