Turbine intro

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Turbine
USMC Veteran

Turbine intro

Post by Turbine »

Per the rules, here's my intro. :mrgreen:

Hello fellow warriors. I'm a Marine who served about 6yrs before having to retire from a car accident I was in in June01. I couldn't ever deploy due to my injuries before 9/11, but many of my brothers did. I served in 4th & 1st Marines from 1995-2001. I was an 0311 rifleman, so not deploying sucked worse than the injuries.

I joined the site for 2 main reasons. I've had the opportunity to work with 2 Rangers as a civilian as they were/are two of the most professional men I have ever worked with and for. They are definitely two men I look up to.

The 2nd reason I joined is because I'd like to verify a guy I'm currently going to school with is indeed a Ranger. He's made many claims that are just too full of BS to believe. Many of the civilians we go to school with believe him, but most of us vets don't. I don't have any way to verify his claims as Google doesn't give any results, which I'm sure if his claims were legit, his name would be out there somewhere. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join up and I look forward to the forum. :D
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Turbine intro

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Turbine.
This site is not like Facebook or that ilk. Everyone who has Ranger beneath their avatar has been verified as either serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment, or completion of the Ranger course. Some are both. So, as Ranger Lunch suggests: invite him here and we will take care of him.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Turbine.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Turbine
USMC Veteran

Post by Turbine »

Thanks for the welcome, gents.

After hearing some of his claims during a mock interview today, (Ranger of the year, served in RRC, rewrote Ranger doctrine, first place in the Ninmejen March), I told him about this forum and said he should join. Seeing as how he is a "leader" (term is used lightly) of a veteran's group at school, I suggested a few forums to the vets at school and was sure to mention armyranger.com.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Turbine wrote:Thanks for the welcome, gents.

After hearing some of his claims during a mock interview today, (Ranger of the year, served in RRC, rewrote Ranger doctrine, first place in the Ninmejen March), I told him about this forum and said he should join. Seeing as how he is a "leader" (term is used lightly) of a veteran's group at school, I suggested a few forums to the vets at school and was sure to mention armyranger.com.
How old is this individual?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Turbine
USMC Veteran

Post by Turbine »

Around 30-31ish.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Welcome to the site.
Turbine wrote:I don't have any way to verify his claims as Google doesn't give any results, which I'm sure if his claims were legit, his name would be out there somewhere. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Google isn't going to show you who's in Regiment.

We'll have to wait until he shows up. What school is this?
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”