Son in RASP

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
dtjiii
Inprocessing

Son in RASP

Post by dtjiii »

My youngest just finished Cole Range. Still standing!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Son in RASP

Post by Jim »

A couple of our mentees are in the same class. It should be interesting to watch. Congratulations on raising a warrior.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Still standing!..Awesome, and welcome.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
dtjiii
Inprocessing

Post by dtjiii »

Glad to report that my youngest graduated 11/22. We had a good group of family and friends there. His older brother (Captain in Army) affixed his scroll. Now on to SOCM. We learned that RASP is the easiest step of being in the Ranger Regiment. We were told that about half of the graduates would not be in the Regiment in 12 months. The standard in high and kept high.

We were all impressed at the family briefing following the ceremony. Very frank and un-Army like. We are starting to see a difference from the "big Army".

Thanks to all of you who are serving.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent, Is he a medic? We have a couple of our members at Fort Bragg as we speak. Please invite your son to join this site. Congratulations on raising a warrior!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

dtjiii, I am currently at Fort Bragg. I have heard from some of the guys who just recently came from PreSOCM that things have changed a bit since I was there. Tell your son that it is not over and that PreSOCM is a HUGE part of him getting to SOCM. You can PM me for more details if you want or you can have him PM me no problem. I had a lot of information given to me so I am happy to pass along as much as I can.

RLTW!
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”