Intro, Son going to RASP

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
6xBlessed
Embryo

Intro, Son going to RASP

Post by 6xBlessed »

Hello all,

I found this forum doing some research on RASP. My son is currently at OSUT in Georgia. He went in as 11x and was determined to get to RASP. He has wanted to do this for almost as long as I can remember. Shockingly, he blew me off when I suggested the MOS of Chaplains Assistant. He told us that he was doing well on the PT and had heard that he might get recommended for a RASP contract. As you know, communication is slow with letters, but we finally got the news, after trying to get used to the fact that he was probably going to Alaska, that he did sign the RASP contract. He is so happy and was very thankful for our support. He has always been very determined when he sets a goal for himself so I know he will have a very good shot. He graduates in Oct and should immediately go to Airborne if I understand this correctly.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to join. I just wanted to learn more about what he is going to be doing. I am trying to stay in the moment and enjoy the whole process. I am so proud of him already and I will be cheering him on every step of the way.

Johnna
Proud Mom of six, including one son currently at OSUT in GA, preparing to graduate and go to RASP
Johnna
Proud Mom of six,including a son currently at OSUT in GA, going to RASP after graduation in October
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro, Son going to RASP

Post by Jim »

Welcome, please invite your son to also join. I think he will find the site helpful.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
6xBlessed
Embryo

Post by 6xBlessed »

Thanks for the welcome. I will be seeing him this weekend at Family Weekend and will definitely show him the site!!
Johnna
Proud Mom of six,including a son currently at OSUT in GA, going to RASP after graduation in October
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here. There is a lot of information here, a great resource.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Proud Mom.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Thank you for raising a patriotic Warrior in whom you are justifiably proud. May he NEVER QUIT and always be safe on his journey.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”