Introduction.

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
TorchInc.
Egg

Introduction.

Post by TorchInc. »

Hello All,

I am currently a rifle platoon leader with 4/9 Infantry "Manchus" with 2ID, I recently returned from my first deployment to Afghanistan this June. I have realized that I want a constant challenge rather than settle into a pattern in the regular army, which is what cemented my desire to join the 75th Ranger Regiment. I have gained some experience of leading men in combat which bolstered my confidence, however I am under no illusion that I know all to be known. My NCOs were absolutely invaluable in educating me and shaping me into a combat officer who is worth a damn. I desire to serve among the best and brightest, and I knew this site would be an good source of advice and wisdom. So far I have earned my Ranger Tab, Airborne Wings, and CIB. I look toward to chatting with everyone, and hopefully soon being a Ranger.
B Co. 4/9 IN
"Keep Up The Fire!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction.

Post by Jim »

Welcome. Have you contacted Regiment to discuss an assignment?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, TorchInc.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome to the site young leader. I didn't notice any misspelled words, so you must be a 1st Lt.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
TorchInc.
Egg

Post by TorchInc. »

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

Jim: I have contacted the Regimental Recruitment team, and they told me everything I need for an application packet. However right now the only thing that I am waiting for the word on is if I can be accepted due to my branch detail to Signal Corps. Since my pipeline flowed from training straight into a deployment, I still have around 20 months left as an Infantry Officer. I have already submitted a 4187 requesting I be permanently slotted as an 11A, but given SC's desperate need of officers that is a dubious venture at best. I am hoping that given the amount of time I have left I can serve with the Regiment until my time comes for Captain.
B Co. 4/9 IN
"Keep Up The Fire!"
TorchInc.
Egg

Post by TorchInc. »

Slowpoke: I am a 1st LT, still young but free of the dreadful title of "Butter Bar".
B Co. 4/9 IN
"Keep Up The Fire!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

TorchInc. wrote:Thank you for the welcome everyone.

Jim: I have contacted the Regimental Recruitment team, and they told me everything I need for an application packet. However right now the only thing that I am waiting for the word on is if I can be accepted due to my branch detail to Signal Corps. Since my pipeline flowed from training straight into a deployment, I still have around 20 months left as an Infantry Officer. I have already submitted a 4187 requesting I be permanently slotted as an 11A, but given SC's desperate need of officers that is a dubious venture at best. I am hoping that given the amount of time I have left I can serve with the Regiment until my time comes for Captain.
Consider serving in the Regiment as SC officer.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
TorchInc.
Egg

Post by TorchInc. »

Wouldn't that billet be more likely to be given to a through and through Signal Officer? My experience with commo equipment is filling my MBITR, Harris, and ASIP radios, and I used a TACSAT a few times. My domain knowledge in communications would pale in comparison to an actual signal officer.
B Co. 4/9 IN
"Keep Up The Fire!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You have contacted the Ranger Recruiting and you have submitted your packet. Good luck! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Do you have any contacts at RS-6 or Ranger Commo Company to reach out to?

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”