Tips for RASP and general info?

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
dougwings
Egg

Tips for RASP and general info?

Post by dougwings »

Hello. before i begin i want to say this is my first post ever and I have never been a member of any other forum website before, so please forgive me if my forum skills are amateur. I'm currently stationed at Ft. Richardson AK in an airborne unit, and I've been training up for the day that i hope will come when i get to go and volunteer to be one of the best, a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment. I already emailed the Ranger recruiter and gave him a copy of everything i needed to give him i have all the right scores and clearance, i'm a motivated soldier with morals, have a squeaky clean record, never had a counseling or article 15, and have a p.t. test score of close to 400. The Ranger recruiter informed me that i would need to be at my unit for at least a year before i could go to Benning to test for RASP, so that's why i haven't left yet. It has always been my dream to be in the great brotherhood and wear a scroll proudly on my shoulder, i want nothing more in life than that great great honor. At the beginning of airborne school i tried to get into rasp, i walked up to the ranger recruiter and even though i didn't have my airborne physical in my packet i told him i wanted to be a Ranger. It was the most important thing to me, and still is. He asked me if i was trying to impress him or something, and i replied no, that i just wanted to be a ranger. when i went to sick call to get the physical, it took THREE hours to get my physical, and by then it was long too late. So i just told myself id drop a packet once i got to my unit. Anyways i didn't mean to tell you my dang life story, sorry about that, i just really care about this topic. I always think about this, and i feel like i need the regiment, it's like a missing part of my heart, i need it there or it doesn't feel right. Could anybody give me some tips on what i can do in preparation for RASP, and what i should keep in mind when going through?
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Tips for RASP and general info?

Post by cams »

Welcome. First tip is to make sure we can read it without getting a headache.

Separation and paragraph usage does wonders. You'll get more advice in what you seek if the Rangers here don't just skip over a jumbled mess.

Don't be offended. This was my first forum as well and I stepped on my dick more than once.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Don't quit. That's all you need to know.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dougwings, if you really want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who have passed through armyranger.com on their life journey. Begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Take a look at the letters from school thread. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. It will save you a lot of time because most new members of the site seem to have the same questions -- and most have been answered several times. Tell us more about yourself. Where did you grow up? Why do you want to become a Ranger? Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Bravo57 wrote:Don't quit. That's all you need to know.
This can't be stated enough. Welcome to the site and good luck.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
dougwings
Egg

Post by dougwings »

"Tell us more about yourself. Where did you grow up? Why do you want to become a Ranger? Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!"

Just did 2 min of pu and su, I was a little tired to begin with because i did pushups and situps all day but I did 109 situps, and 134 pushups, last time i took a p.t. test i ran 11:42, but i'm sure i can run faster now.
dougwings
Egg

Post by dougwings »

Tell us more about yourself. Where did you grow up? Why do you want to become a Ranger? Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit![/quote]

Just did 2 min of pu and su, I was a little tired to begin with because i did pushups and situps all day but I did 109 situps, and 134 pushups, last time i took a p.t. test i ran 11:42, but i'm sure i can run faster now. I've lived many places, but the two main locations have been Yuma, AZ and SanDiego, CA. I want to become a ranger because i want to serve my country the best i can, and i want to be part of a great brotherhood.
Jasper
Ranger

Post by Jasper »

dougwings wrote:Just did 2 min of pu and su, I was a little tired to begin with because i did pushups and situps all day but I did 109 situps, and 134 pushups, last time i took a p.t. test i ran 11:42, but i'm sure i can run faster now.
You will be required to take a DNA test to confirm you are human.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
"Life is experience, and longevity is, in the end, measured by memory, and those with a thousand tales to tell have indeed lived longer than any who embrace the mundane.” – R.A. Salvatore

2/75 HHC Jan '09 - Dec '13
RSTB RCC Jan '14 - Present
RIP Class 01-09
Ranger School Class 08-10
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jasper wrote:
dougwings wrote:Just did 2 min of pu and su, I was a little tired to begin with because i did pushups and situps all day but I did 109 situps, and 134 pushups, last time i took a p.t. test i ran 11:42, but i'm sure i can run faster now.
You will be required to take a DNA test to confirm you are human.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
No kidding. Just out of curiousity Steve Austin, what's your scores when you're not tired? I think your grading system or standard of completion needs a little tweaking. Ok, a lot of tweaking.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

dougwings wrote:Tell us more about yourself. Where did you grow up? Why do you want to become a Ranger? Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Just did 2 min of pu and su, I was a little tired to begin with because i did pushups and situps all day but I did 109 situps, and 134 pushups, last time i took a p.t. test i ran 11:42, but i'm sure i can run faster now. I've lived many places, but the two main locations have been Yuma, AZ and SanDiego, CA. I want to become a ranger because i want to serve my country the best i can, and i want to be part of a great brotherhood.[/quote]

Find a recruiter and have HIM (not her) administer a PT test to standard. Then post your scores.

Pay attention there will be a quiz on the test procedures when you post your scores.

GO!

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”