Intro

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
maxximumforce
Egg

Intro

Post by maxximumforce »

Hi folks, I'm Lon (Lonnie). I am an NBC (WMD) guy. I served 21 years in the Army (5 and half Airborne). I was in from 1982-2002 and retired. I got laid off from my awesome WMD anti-terrorism job in 2008, so I had myself recalled to active duty. I went to Afghanistan at 44 years of age. I served in ISAF counter IED branch. I drove the task force commander at the time (a super-Ranger from 1st Bat) and I drove EOD guys around and pulled security on their missions.

If anyone knows another active duty gig I can grab, please let me know! I would love another retiree recall. I'm 49 but I can still ruck (and do) and do other hooah stuff. I would love the chance to smell cordite and get my paratrooper on again. Lately I have been playing semi-pro football (defensive line), though I'm not quite as good as the 25 year olds I play with. Take care and God bless you Rangers!!!!

Lonnie
Arkansas
Lon "Lonnie" W.
Army 1982-2002 & 2008-2009
Age is just a number!
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Welcome to the site. Recommend you drop your name(or at the very least drop your last name). I believe it violates site PERSEC SOP's.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

I was referencing your signature, btw.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome. Stay in touch with Retired Services for assistance.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”