Introduction

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Goosey20
Egg

Introduction

Post by Goosey20 »

Good afternoon fellas. My name is Nick. I'm currently in the RASP class and will be graduation in two weeks. I'm 20 years old enlisted from Long Island, New York. I went through OSUT and airborne as an 11b with option 40. It's almost been a dream come true and I can't wait to be apart of the family I've been dreaming about since I was young. To wear that beret and be apart of the best infantry unit in the world, I would do anything for and I'm finally here. Some things about me I completed the 12 mile in 2:24, the 5 mile in 34:45 and have a pt score of 322 but still have to currently take our last one. I don't want to say too much because I don't know what I'm allowed to say but feels great to be apart of the community. Thank you Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Nick, We take pride in the fine young men who have passed through armyranger.com on their life journey. Begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. It will save you a lot of time because most new members of the site seem to have the same questions -- and most have been answered several times. Tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to become a Ranger? It won't be long now, so continue to lurk, and enjoy! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Goosey20
Egg

Post by Goosey20 »

Thanks Ranger Jim. Ever since I was young I wanted to be in the service because my father was drafted right out of highschool into Vietnam. I believe that every male should serve in the military, since they cherish the freedom they have but don't really know what it's about until your on the other side fighting for it. I always wanted be to the badass and be apart of a special operations group, I always sought to be the best in everything I did and I'm always so competitive in every day things. I did some research and I found out what I wanted to do with my life, that was to become a Ranger. The final thing that tipped the glass over, was 9/11. I have a couple friends that there family members were victims in the tragedy and they struck deep at home and everyone in New York stills feels it to this day. That is something that will never to away.... But sure thing, I have already found a bunch of great things and will continue looking around.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Have you met any of our mentees during your training?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Welcome to site. Where in NY are you from? You don't have to answer if you'd prefer not to, or you can PM if you would like.
Goosey20 wrote:I believe that every male should serve in the military, since they cherish the freedom they have but don't really know what it's about until your on the other side fighting for it.
While your commitment to serve this great nation is appreciated, the fact of the matter is, you haven't done shit yet either. You're still taking baby steps and you're only half way through RASP. Take pride knowing you're a three time volunteer so far and that you have chosen the path of the warrior while your friends get drunk and crush pussy in college, but stay humble since you too, have yet to fight for the freedom "they" cherish. Being in an all volunteer military is an incredible thing and brings with it a quality of soldier that could seldom be found in a conscription style force.

Good luck with the rest of RASP and remember: getting to Regiment's the easy part.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Goosey20
Egg

Post by Goosey20 »

Roger that Ranger SLEDGE HAMMER. I have to build the foundation first before anything else. I'm from Patchogue, it's located on Long Island.
Goosey20
Egg

Post by Goosey20 »

Ranger Jim I don't believe have yet, I'm also not familiar with all of them but I will keep my eye open.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Goosey20 wrote:Ranger Jim I don't believe have yet, I'm also not familiar with all of them but I will keep my eye open.
How did you find out about us?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

SLEDGE HAMMER wrote:Welcome to site. Where in NY are you from? You don't have to answer if you'd prefer not to, or you can PM if you would like.
Goosey20 wrote:I believe that every male should serve in the military, since they cherish the freedom they have but don't really know what it's about until your on the other side fighting for it.
While your commitment to serve this great nation is appreciated, the fact of the matter is, you haven't done shit yet either. You're still taking baby steps and you're only half way through RASP. Take pride knowing you're a three time volunteer so far and that you have chosen the path of the warrior while your friends get drunk and crush pussy in college, but stay humble since you too, have yet to fight for the freedom "they" cherish. Being in an all volunteer military is an incredible thing and brings with it a quality of soldier that could seldom be found in a conscription style force.

Good luck with the rest of RASP and remember: getting to Regiment's the easy part.
...and how.

X2 on everything Ranger SLEDGE HAMMER said bud. Get it done, and prepare for more fun. Lots more.

While you're at it, you might want to learn the difference between being "a part" of something, and being "apart" from something, either one could easily happen in the next 2 weeks, may help to know the difference.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”