18 Bravo?

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
tocatchaliar
Egg

18 Bravo?

Post by tocatchaliar »

I know someone who claims to have been an Army Ranger and this is the information hes giving out and on his resume. Does anyone know anyone in this unit that could verify if he was a part of this? Claims to have been a Ranger for 12 years, 1993-2005. States he was part of Army Rangers 18 Bravo Special Forces Weapons Sgt. I have no military experience and dont understand alot of this. Last name (deleted by Admin - save name for PM). Claims to have 76 confirmed kills in various parts of the world. Claims under leadership of Colonel Donald Starr. Can anyone help me confirm or deny this information? Or direct me where to go? Ive tried requesting a DD214 already
RangerX
Ranger

Re: 18 Bravo?

Post by RangerX »

Please post a brief introduction telling us a little about yourself. We are by nature a little skeptical, and are guarded about who we converse with.

Once you do that, someone will be along to help you do what is necessary.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
tocatchaliar
Egg

Post by tocatchaliar »

Long story short, Im the mother of his daughter. We rarely EVER see him but I have pages and pages of handwritten letters with gory details about what he supposedly has been through and how great he is. I met him in 2006 online and the relationship lasted maybe 3 months total. The dates of service seem to change and I've sadly just started to question if any of this is real or not. I understand peoples hesitation.
If it helps, Im 31, work in healthcare, zero military experience, prefer the country but am living in a fairly large city, and graduated college with a degree I dont even use.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Do you have any more dates or the names of units? Curious as to what your angle is with this.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
tocatchaliar
Egg

Post by tocatchaliar »

Hey everyone, thanks so much for those who posted. His family contacted and confirmed that it was all a facade and hes been using it on his resume for years to help get jobs.

My angle was I just wanted the truth. I admit Im a little neurotic about that kind of thing. :) I didnt have much to hold on to or to find respectable, so I found pride in the fact her father was a Ranger. At least now I wont be lying to her as well about it.

Thank you, Rangers, for all you do! Forever grateful.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Feel free to browse and see what Army Rangers are really about. It would be polite to post a photo so that we can see who you are.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Which was a subtle way of asking, are you hot?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Flesh Thorn wrote:It would be polite to post a photo so that we can see who you are.
KW Driver wrote:Which was a subtle way of asking, are you hot?

Well, that was quick.

You should trust your instinct, and based on the little you have posted here, it would be advisable to minimize contact with this individual. While probably not dangerous in the way they are trying to imply, they are certainly mentally unstable, and have serious integrity issues.

If you can prove the usage of falsified military service to gain (e.g. get a job), he may be prosecutable under the newly revise Stolen Valor Act.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RangerX wrote:You should trust your instinct, and based on the little you have posted here, it would be advisable to minimize contact with this individual.
You rang?? :twisted:

Welcome Ma'am.

Take a look around while I grab my post-it notes for your first task.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”