Intro - Nerak04...a Ranger Wife

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
nerak04
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Intro - Nerak04...a Ranger Wife

Post by nerak04 »

Hi Everyone!

I joined this site about a year or so ago but this is my first time actually getting some time to post. I've logged in several times and have tried to read as much as I could before posting. My husband recently graduated RASP (Nov '12) and is also a member of this site - Grim666. Initially I had hoped to meet some other wives and begin to get familiar with the new life we are starting but I'm not sure if the wives forum is still active. It's been a little tougher to connect with other wives on other sites because the majority are 12y/o, oops, I mean 20y/o :roll: and have no clue to the real world or understand actual responsibility. I guess I'm showing my age! :lol: We're, dare I say "older". I mean I suppose in Renaissance times we'd be grandparents or dead by now, so I probably shouldn't feel so bad. It's not just age, it's also different with Grim being a 68W, he has such a long training. A few wives that I have met along the way, even a fellow new Ranger Wife, all have their husbands "back". So they don't understand what it's like to be without their husbands for over a year, raise 4 kids alone, etc...I'd be lying if I said I enjoy it, it's not easy but I'm not complaining at all. I am SO FREAKING PROUD of my husband (words cannot convey) and what he has accomplished. I'm just looking forward to the time where I can wake up next to him again...for more than 2 or 3 days...until then I'll take what I can get.

So as I said, we have 4 kids, 12, 6, 4 & 2. They are great and are just as proud of their dad as I am. They are my main priority right now but I am hoping to finish my degree after we are settled once Grim finishes SOCM.

I hope no one minds but I'd like to personally thank Grim's mentor Ranger Sleepy Doc as well as Ranger K Ingraham. You both were a great source of support and inspiration to him. I know that at times your words helped him through. For that I am grateful. Thank You.

Also a great Thank You to all of you who have served, are serving or support those that serve.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - Nerak04...a Ranger Wife

Post by Jim »

Welcome to the site. Hopefully,family support will link up with you shortly.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome young lady! The transition to military life must be difficult with the poor pay and dealing with the other wives. Through all of this, knowing that your husband will eventually be put in harms way must be a hardship. I salute you for your determination and your support of your Ranger!!!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome Ma'am! Glad to see you aboard. Took a lot of courage on your part to support him on this mission, given all that is at stake. He accomplished what he has because he knew you had a handle on the homefront, allowing him to focus on mission. Sadly for you, this will not much change, at least you are now part of our regimental family which does have its benefits.
When Grimm finally gets home--as in his ranger unit--you'll find the best family support in the army. In fact, the family support network that the 'big army' based its formal programs on.

Grimm's good people. He's been paying it forward to another young 68W a class or two behind who really appreciated the help.
Welcome and thank you for supporting your Ranger! :D
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome Young Lady. Thank you for supporting your husband and for raising a patriotic family.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
nerak04
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by nerak04 »

Thanks guys...one step closer... :D :D
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

By all reports, Grim666 is progressing well. Please stay in touch.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”