Would you use...?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Would you use...?

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

In the jungle one would carry a drive on rag. This is a small light weight multi purpose green or cammie towel, worn around the neck. Also some wore a green bandanna around the head to help keep the sweat off the face. One would also wear a pair of black gloves with the fingers cut off to protect the hands from the thorns on the vines and plants. One wore straps around the outside of the pants by the upper calf to keep the leeches from moving up your body.
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
OldWingnut
USAF Veteran

Post by OldWingnut »

KW Driver wrote: August 31st, 2018, 7:58 am shit.... I only put on boxers these days if I'm in a suit.

lightweight hiking boot, likely "high performance hiking/trekking clothes", or the "contractor special" type uniformity of clothing... is he trying to stand out like a sore thumb, one man Army?

the knife? a modern folder or automatic would do the job just fine and be much lower vis as far as sticky sticky work. soldiers don't tend to carry big assed Rambo knives very long unless they have a Rambo knife fetish.
Awesome detail, Ranger KW Driver...I'll make the changes. Thank you... :)
Old Wingnut (Kenn)
USAF (ret)

AF BMTS '80
HQ SAC '80-'83
AF OTS '87
AFSCN '87 - '90
AFIT '90 - '91
AFRL '91 - '96
OldWingnut
USAF Veteran

Post by OldWingnut »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote: September 1st, 2018, 4:33 am In the jungle one would carry a drive on rag. This is a small light weight multi purpose green or cammie towel, worn around the neck. Also some wore a green bandanna around the head to help keep the sweat off the face. One would also wear a pair of black gloves with the fingers cut off to protect the hands from the thorns on the vines and plants. One wore straps around the outside of the pants by the upper calf to keep the leeches from moving up your body.
It had to be hell on Earth. Thank you, Ranger Charlie, for everything. As for the detail, I'm unabashedly going to use it... Perfect.
Old Wingnut (Kenn)
USAF (ret)

AF BMTS '80
HQ SAC '80-'83
AF OTS '87
AFSCN '87 - '90
AFIT '90 - '91
AFRL '91 - '96
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

His name is not “Ranger Charlie”, research the screen name he uses and you’ll understand a little better.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
OldWingnut
USAF Veteran

Post by OldWingnut »

Thank you, Ranger Cams, for squaring me away.
Old Wingnut (Kenn)
USAF (ret)

AF BMTS '80
HQ SAC '80-'83
AF OTS '87
AFSCN '87 - '90
AFIT '90 - '91
AFRL '91 - '96

Return to “Personal Gear”