My alicepack was in 1/75?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
R6=>noname<=
Embryo

My alicepack was in 1/75?

Post by R6=>noname<= »

I buy new alicepack (dated `83) and seller says it was used by Ranger. But he can`t said any details. I guess its great ruck was in 1st Batt, because in A Co. was configuration of two triangular shaped cat eyes sewn with the points up, but I not sure. I need any help and comments with that identification I very interesting about history of this pack. Thanks
Image Image
Image Image
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Re: My alicepack was in 1/75?

Post by CloakAndDagger »

If the former owner was like a lot of soldiers (not just Rangers), he probably got sick-and-tired of cleaning his heavily dirt and grime covered Army-issued ruck sack for inspections, and purchased himself an extra one to leave in his wall locker. He probably swapped the two (once again, so he didn't have to clean the dirty one) when the Army wanted his ruck sack returned.

It's also possible the former owner was nostalgic about his time with the Rangers and bought the ruck after leaving the Army and sewed the cat eyes on afterwards, then thoroughly used the ruck for hunting, backpacking, or similar civilian activities.

So than the cat eye configuration indicating the owner's former unit, you probably won't get much more information than that.
R6=>noname<=
Embryo

Post by R6=>noname<= »

Ok Thanks for comment! And how I can repare side straps?
Zippo burn or some better ideas? Thanks
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I believe that is where your 2 quart canteen or etool would go. So I would just leave it
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Just use a lighter to burn the frayed parts.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
R6=>noname<=
Embryo

Post by R6=>noname<= »

Thanks for all comments!

Return to “Personal Gear”