Pants

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Pants

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

I'm looking to pick up a few pairs of pants for some of my upcoming geology field trips out in the mountains for school. I wish I would've kept my Crye pants because they were incredible but there's no way I'm shelling out $200+ for them now. 5.11 is the only brand I can think of so I'm hoping others can shed some light on their experiences/opinions. Thanks.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Pants

Post by RangerX »

Check out the LA Police Gear BDU pants if you want to go the cheap route. $17 or so a pair. I have 3 pairs I've had for over 5 years and they have only needed the occasional button sewed back on. If you are looking for something tougher, check out some of the stuff they have in Tractor Supply. Still not over the top price wise, and designed for "Life Out Here". I've also seen some pretty good fleece-lined BDU style cargo pants at Bass Pro for colder conditions. Probable need to wait until fall before they stock them again.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
VIPER--00
Ranger

Post by VIPER--00 »

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/ki ... nts/Detail

Still $185.00 but thought I'd put it up anyway for you to look and decide on your own.

Supposedly great gear, I have no first hand knowledge.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Chicks dig me because I don't wear pants, and when I do, they're usually something interesting.

Seriously - I like Prana. http://www.prana.com/stretch-zion-conve ... =darkkhaki
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Or carhart/dickies duck canvas carpenter's pants are cheap and stout, but comfortable enough if it's not triple digits.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Personal Gear”