V-42

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Re: V-42

Post by GoldCoast »

Lunch wrote:Spyderco folding, serrated 4" blade was, and continues to be, the most useful knife I've ever carried.
X2. Spyderco Endura. Tough, stays sharp, looks good with a suit, uniform, or just bumming around on the weekend. Looks even better as it breaks in. For around $60 it is low priced, but performs like a big spender. I never outgrow it.

I have one of Stryder's V42's; I received it as a Christmas present in 2005. It is a great knife that is impossible to wear with body armor. Thus it rarely gets used.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

V-42

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Emerson!

I got a CQC 7 on the set of Blackhawk Down. Best knife I have ever owned. Went all over the country with me and into afghan with me. Some civilian puke stole it off my desk while at work after I got out.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Meyerco 18-X auto.

I've been issued all sorts of knives. Benchmade was the best. Then it was destroyed by a 300lb piston actuated RG door (better than my fingers). My buddy was the PBO for KAF and he squared me away with my Myerco.

Look the company up. My buddy in high school used to sell their kitchen knives door to door. Made in the USA the action survived 10 months of Afghanistan.

It has a unique activator that acts as the safety and spring release at the same time, the belt clip can be changed from a button up to button down by removing and reinstalling two hex bolts.

Great knife.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

rangertough wrote:Meyerco 18-X auto.

I've been issued all sorts of knives. Benchmade was the best. Then it was destroyed by a 300lb piston actuated RG door (better than my fingers). My buddy was the PBO for KAF and he squared me away with my Myerco.

Look the company up. My buddy in high school used to sell their kitchen knives door to door. Made in the USA the action survived 10 months of Afghanistan.

It has a unique activator that acts as the safety and spring release at the same time, the belt clip can be changed from a button up to button down by removing and reinstalling two hex bolts.

Great knife.

Tough

Just looked up their website. They have a rescue/switchblade that looks interesting.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Warchief
Ranger

Post by Warchief »

YoungDeerSlayer wrote:I think the v42 is historically cool for the Rangers. I think its funny that that its the knife on the SF emblem and its a Ranger knife.
YoungDeerSlayer,

You might want to do some additional research on the history of the V-42. Your comment above is incorrect. The V-42 history goes back to the First Special Service Force. The FSSF is in the lineage of Special Forces, not the Rangers.

Warchief
Ranger Class 10-82
ODAs 236, 233, 232/065, 10th SFGA
ODAs 545, 565, 5th SFGA

Return to “Personal Gear”