K W Patrol Cap

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

K W Patrol Cap

Post by KW Driver »

They were made with care and love by a gracious woman to the exacting standard of a retired, old school 1SG.

I've got a couple woodland versions in the closet, and one ACU that Mrs Kim made me one day when I was up for the day.

I'm not about to open any of them to figure out how they did it. I think they did the brim separately and just used multiple layers of material, edged it with another, then sewed the brim into the hat between the inner and outer layer of the body of the hat. The old ones would eventually wear out the edge trim and they would put a new edge on for ya.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: K W Patrol Cap

Post by colt1rgr »

When I was up at Benning month or two ago I toured around a bit, marveling at how much has changed and actually drove into the parking lot of KW and seeing it all closed up and run down..... well I sorta got "verclempt" there for a second...... :roll: :cry: :lol:

Use to Love my KW PC! OD in color, (1) ea. shiny new tab sewn on :wink: 8)
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

here's some pics, that you may could shop around. but I don't ever see any being as good as Mrs. Kim's.

A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

That's some crazy ass candy corn you got there....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

tastes nasty as all hell too. like ear wax, and damned if it ain't chewy as old calamari...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Never understood how those things protected your hearing. I'd pop 2 with some water before every op and I swear they didn't do a thing. Tasted like shit too.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

just a Batt boy, But why the hell aint there a Tab floating over them Warrant squares SIR?

Limited Perspective, But I take it thats was just a Regiment Tradition. .
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Tabs over rank on a PC are strictly forbidden by big army.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

CatFish Driver wrote:Tabs over rank on a PC are strictly forbidden by big army.

BIG verboten. "cat eyes, BAD!" also.

and I'm still wearing it. in fact, it's my org's daily headgear. we only wear berets over at the main post, and get away with it because I'm at a place that's used by rotational training units, who also wear them on the cantonment area.

don't sweat it, my old Bn PCs are still straight, cat eyes properly marked with swimmer status, sewn with dental floss, per 1SG (CSM Ret.) Lane's guidance. and I still have my black beret.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I have my patrol cap that I found behind a foot locker at Batt. The previous owner had ETS'd so I just replaced the name tape. I think it is a KW.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Grifter wrote:just a Batt boy, But why the hell aint there a Tab floating over them Warrant squares SIR?

Limited Perspective, But I take it thats was just a Regiment Tradition. .

Bigger question is why the hell is that cover blocked? AR 670-1? Anybody........ :P :P
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

huh? uh, oh, yeah, guess it just fell that way CSM... :roll:

oh, you want me to unblock it? rog... there ya go. 20 seconds later, scratching an itch and voile, all better, reblocked.

colt, you're a leg for saying it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Return to “Personal Gear”