In the pants holster

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

In the pants holster

Post by rgrokelley »

Anybody found a decent holster to go inside the belt, or pants?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Nomad
Ranger

Re: In the pants holster

Post by Nomad »

Bandito wrote:
TC204 wrote:Blackhawk are nice.
No offense, these suck ass. I have one and hate it when I have to wear it for long periods of time.

Go with http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have heard nothing but good things about these guys. This is my next purchase.
Been using a CB for a year now. Excellent quality and the customer service is exactly where it should be.

Case in point, when I ordered my holster from them it came with plastic clips. After 8 months of use, one of them broke. I could still wear the holster but it wasn't as well seated. As soon as I got home from this last trip, I called the company and asked how much it would cost for me to just order two of the steel clips, which they now use standard on their holsters. The answer: "Nothing at all, Sir. Can I have your address so we can mail them out to you? Should arrive in no more than three business days but we can also expedite the order at no cost to you if needed urgently for work."

That's what made me one helluva satisfied customer. As promised, I got a UPS package two days later with the new steel clips in there.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe.

BEST holster for CCW... hands down. I own a few... even did a really gay picture series of my G36 in it, and drawing from it... I think it's burried in here sommmers...

Word!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
psouper
Ranger Mom

Post by psouper »

I have this one for a .38. No complaints. Love the sheepskin.

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDet ... egoryID=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1/75 Mom
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Don Hume is also a good choice.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Bandito wrote:
TC204 wrote:Blackhawk are nice.
No offense, these suck ass. I have one and hate it when I have to wear it for long periods of time.

Go with http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have heard nothing but good things about these guys. This is my next purchase.
X2. GSX turned me onto the Crossbreed holster and it allows you to tuck your shirt in (if you get the Super Tuck) while wearing.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Ranger5280
Ranger

RESURRECTION: In the pants holster

Post by Ranger5280 »

I carry a Glock 33 and use a Galco Ultra Deep Cover Holster...I know...the name smells of gayness as I hear the halls of 3rd Batt does.

Extremely comfortable IWB holster that I can wear all day long without issue. I can sit easily in it and eat pies and cakes for hours.

A few nights ago I ran for 50 minutes on a treadmill with the holster and gun in a pair of shorts (no belt) with no issues other than a mild chaffing on my hip where the horsehide came into contact with my skin. While some 2nd Batt Rangers would seek profile status for the minor abrasion I shrugged it off and it was gone in a day.

Edited for spelling
Last edited by Ranger5280 on July 21st, 2011, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Measure twice, cut once"

C co. 1/75 '84-'87
9-85
BRC '86
CDQC
SERE-C
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: RESURRECTION: In the pants holster

Post by cams »

Ranger5280 wrote:I carry a Glock 33 and use a Galco Ultra Deep Cover Holster...I know...the name smells of gayness as I hear the halls of 3rd Batt does.

Extremely comfortable IWB holster that I can wear all day long without issue. I can sit easily in it and eat pies and cakes for hours.
A few nights ago I ran for 50 minutes on a treadmill with the holster and gun in a pair of shorts (no belt) with no issues other than a mild chaffing on my hip wear the horsehide came into contact with my skin. While some 2nd Batt Rangers would seek profile status for the minor abrasion I shrugged it off and it was gone in a day.
Damn. That's an awful lot of smack all in one post. Did your "ultra deep undercover no see-um" holster come with a free bick razor and a can of Nair? :mrgreen:
Last edited by cams on July 20th, 2011, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I thought an in the pants holster was a jock strap
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

In the pants holster

Post by RMP-RLTW »

CROSSBREED! I alternate between a Sig p250 & a government 1911. No complaints here, other than the wait for the order to come in.
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Ranger5280
Ranger

Post by Ranger5280 »

cams wrote:
Ranger5280 wrote:I carry a Glock 33 and use a Galco Ultra Deep Cover Holster...I know...the name smells of gayness as I hear the halls of 3rd Batt does.

A few nights ago I ran for 50 minutes on a treadmill with the holster and gun in a pair of shorts (no belt) with no issues other than a mild chaffing on my hip wear the horsehide came into contact with my skin. While some 2nd Batt Rangers would seek profile status for the minor abrasion I shrugged it off and it was gone in a day.
Damn. That's an awful lot of smack all in one post. Did your "ultra deep undercover no see-um" holster come with a free bick razor and a can of Nair? :mrgreen:
It did. Still on the shelf. Would yo like me to send it to you? :D
"Measure twice, cut once"

C co. 1/75 '84-'87
9-85
BRC '86
CDQC
SERE-C
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Ranger5280 wrote:It did. Still on the shelf. Would yo like me to send it to you? :D
Jesus people, can't we get this sorted out once and for all?!?

1st Batt = Leg Shavers
2nd Batt = Yeti Fuckers
3rd Batt = Masters of self gratification because every chick in Columbus knows better :oops:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

RangerX wrote:1st Batt = Leg Shavers
2nd Batt = Yeti Fuckers
3rd Batt = Masters of self gratification because every chick in Columbus knows better
Couldn't spell sasquatch could you. :lol:
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.

Return to “Personal Gear”