Jump Boots Around Ft Lewis

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Jump Boots Around Ft Lewis

Post by RangerX »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Bravo57 wrote:WTF does any of this have to do with Jump boots? :lol: :lol:

Everyone knows jump boots are made from pork.
Exactly. It helps to add to the violation when planting a boot up Haji's ass.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Oh, O.K.

I knew I was missing something. :D
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

And they're good if they're fried...

...with Gravy. :wink: :D
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

We got more snow and more is coming over the next week, with temps dipping into the teens, can't help but wonder if jump boots are warm?

Ah..... if you pour gravy in them or deep fried them they would be though :wink:
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Jenny Lynn wrote:[http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/308409

Buffalo Chicken Wings- word has it these orignated at the Anchor Bar in downtown Buffalo, who hasn't heard of chicken wings

Beef on Weck Sandwiches- thinly sliced rare roast beef (piled high as 6 inches) on a freshly baked kummelweck roll (salty Kaiser style roll) with hot homemade horseradich

NY Style Pizza I love thinner (not cracker thin) crust pizza with good dough and a sweeter tomato sauce

Ted's famous charbroiled hot dogs the footlongs are the best with all the toppings- ketchuo, mustard, relish, chili sauce, onions and dill pickle spears

Atlantic Haddock Fish Frys On Friday nights many non-profits (VFW's, American Legion Post, Churches, etc) hold "Friday Night Fish Fry" where HUGE portions of white Atlantic fish (fried, beer battered or broiled) are served with french fries, and homemade salads- coleslaw, noodle salad and potato salad

The weather may be the pits for most of the year but the food is damn good!
Damn Jenny, I'm almost in the neighborhood and will be passing through the Buffalo region in a few days. Looks like I'll have to slow down long enough to score a beef-on-weck & a local brew. Buffalo & Niagara proper can be the pits to live in, but to be in the greater region out in the foothills or across the border, there's fewer better places to be. Except just a little further away from Buffalo, like the Finger Lakes or PA's northern tier.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rgrokelley wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote: Damn Skippy! And I'll eat pigs too! Nothing in this world is better than bacon.
INFIDEL BITCH!!!!!!

The only pork I like is bacon, chops, ribs, loins, roast, pork rhines deep fried in heavy grease, and of course...Pig Knuckles.
Pork. Its what seperates us from the enemy!
True story.

I'm sitting at work one afternoon having my lunch, which was a great piece of pork loin with tators and such and gravy.

One of the LT's walks in (I don't like this guy and enjoy horrifying him any chance I get because he's such a pussy).

He starts making small talk while I'm trying to eat, and I'm getting annoyed with him.

I pull out a magazine and start downloading rounds onto the table, taking each one and carefully turning and inspecting it, then dipping it in my lunch of pork and gravy, and carefully standing each round in a row on the table.

He's got this WTF look on his face and ask's me what the hell I'm doing to my lunch.

I smiled and said, "Ain't doing nothing to my lunch LT, I'm making my bullets special for the Rags. Want me to do yours too?"

This fucking guy like to ran right out of the room.

Hasn't spoken to me since. If I'd known it was that easy..... :wink:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

K.Ingraham wrote:Damn Jenny, I'm almost in the neighborhood and will be passing through the Buffalo region in a few days. Looks like I'll have to slow down long enough to score a beef-on-weck & a local brew. Buffalo & Niagara proper can be the pits to live in, but to be in the greater region out in the foothills or across the border, there's fewer better places to be. Except just a little further away from Buffalo, like the Finger Lakes or PA's northern tier.
Ranger K.Ingraham, I agree there are many beautiful places in Northern PA, Western NY and Southern Ontario Canada, a month of temps at -20's with the wind chill back in Feb 1996 was enough for me.

http://www.10best.com/Buffalo,NY/Restau ... f_on_Weck/

I have personally eaten at #3 on this list of ten, their homemade potato salad that comes as a side dish is killer and so is the rye bread that they serve:
Schwabl's
789 Center Rd, West Seneca, NY 14224
(about 5-10 minutes off US I-90)
Hope you enjoy I love beef on weck, I always get some when I visit home. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Jenny Lynn wrote:
KW Driver wrote:you're proud to be from Buffalo? well shit... there ain't nothin else can be said to you. just stay up here, please.
Ranger KW Driver,
Buffalo, NY - best place to get frequent crash course testing in winter driving in:
freezing rain, on black and white ice, in lake effect snow, and during white out conditions where the snow is coming at your windshield horizontally.

I definitely know how to drive in this ice and snow we just received but I'm not so sure about the others on the road.

Darlin, I spent 4 damned years on the edge of Tug Hill. Buffalo got dustings compared to what we had.

Buffalo is a shit hole. most of the northeast is too in my opinion. but it's just that. it can be pretty for the three weeks of summer they get.

Cams, I just don't want to hear any shit about how backwards the south is, I saw just as many single and doubles up there as down here. and there's just as many fucked up, inbred 'necks there as back home, they just dress a little different, but once you learn the signs, they're easy 'nuff to see. and why would anyone live in a single-wide beer can at -20 to -30... y'all are dumber then we are are.

and you'll have to explain why the fuck you would slather mayonnaise and relish on a clam. that's fuckin wrong.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Boudicca,
Looks like your thread has been hy-jacked, maybe we need to re-name the thread North vs. South or South vs. North? Just kidding, although I've been getting some good laughs seeing how passionate everyone is about their region.
Guess it's like they say there is no place like home, where-ever home may be.
Jenny
Jenny

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Jenny Lynn wrote:Boudicca,
Looks like your thread has been hy-jacked, maybe we need to re-name the thread North vs. South or South vs. North? Just kidding, although I've been getting some good laughs seeing how passionate everyone is about their region.
Jenny
Hyjacking is an art form. Only the highly sophisticated, hyper intelligent men of this world can take an innocuous subject and turn it into something else entirely. Add in moral challeneged and "poof", you have the brilliance and downright folksy smut Rangers are famous for.

As for the South. Well, all folks WANT to be southerners however are unable to accomplish it because;
1. They can't.

Nobody is "proud" to be a Northerner...its just a matter of superiority (Southerner) and acceptance that your not as good (Northerner) and living with it. So, yea....go with that "we love the snow and not being able to talk right" theme....us Southerners...we understand. (wink wink)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

:arrow: Yeah. What he said. :!:
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Jenny Lynn wrote:Boudicca,
Jenny
Hyjacking is an art form. Only the highly sophisticated, hyper intelligent men of this world can take an innocuous subject and turn it into something else entirely. Add in moral challeneged and "poof", you have the brilliance and downright folksy smut Rangers are famous for.

As for the South. Well, all folks WANT to be southerners however are unable to accomplish it because;
1. They can't.

Nobody is "proud" to be a Northerner...its just a matter of superiority (Southerner) and acceptance that your not as good (Northerner) and living with it. So, yea....go with that "we love the snow and not being able to talk right" theme....us Southerners...we understand. (wink wink)
As RangerRon stated in another post, this is the "Greatest Show on Earth" :P
Jenny

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Cams, I just don't want to hear any shit about how backwards the south is, I saw just as many single and doubles up there as down here. and there's just as many fucked up, inbred 'necks there as back home, they just dress a little different, but once you learn the signs, they're easy 'nuff to see. and why would anyone live in a single-wide beer can at -20 to -30... y'all are dumber then we are are.
Yep, plenty of trailer parks around here too, can't argue that, almost moved into one a couple years ago, but there weren't enough old wrecks on the lawn to feel comfortable. (Trust me Brother, if I could live down south, I'd move in a heartbeat, til then, I still gotta fuck with the hicks "'cause I cain't unnerstaind yew."
and you'll have to explain why the fuck you would slather mayonnaise and relish on a clam. that's fuckin wrong.
Have you tried it yet? Fried clams are not New England fried clams without tahta sauce.

I love my city here, even though the people suck dog balls. I can't stand Libs and/or Dems and/or fags and/or fucking hippies, it's still home. But given the opportunity, I'd much rather be settin' atop a horse with a rifle down on Pastors Ranch. Warm all year, settin' by a fire, no horns, no sirenes, no bums. Ahhhhh, that must be the life!

Do you get the Red Sox channel in Texas? :D
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Darlin, I spent 4 damned years on the edge of Tug Hill. Buffalo got dustings compared to what we had.

Buffalo is a shit hole. most of the northeast is too in my opinion. but it's just that. it can be pretty for the three weeks of summer they get.
Ranger KW Driver, I drove through the Tug Hill area when visiting my audit clients in North NY State, I heard there was some good hunting there.

NY State is beautiful during the fall with the leaves turning colors on the hillsides; but one does not know that the climate they grew up in is lousy if they grew up in the same regional area throughout their childhood.

Before I was 23 I had only left the Buffalo area once to visit my grandparents in Florida; it only took 4 years after that from traveling around the US on business for me to say enough was enough and make the move West. Jenny
Jenny

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Jenny Lynn wrote:
it only took 4 years after that from traveling around the US on business for me to say enough was enough and make the move West. Jenny
.....eh hem. Uhh, Jenny honey...there is the problem.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Personal Gear”